I think I see eggs at the bottom

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sara sharma

Reaction score
Good morning everyone,
I have an year old 200 litre tank filled with 4 parrot fishes and 2 Oscars. The fishes must be not more then 2 years old maybe even younger. Today I have seen a few small white and clear balls at the bottom of my tank. These seem to be eggs. I will be attaching a photo for better judgement. These seem to be protected by two parrot fishes. As I know that they are hybrid and most probably the eggs are infertile. Please suggest further actions that I can take.

Attachments

• IMG_20210203_225259.jpg
    IMG_20210203_225259.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 182
Leave them to look after the eggs.

Why do you say the parrot cichlids are sterile/ infertile?
Have you got a picture of the fish?

Parrot cichlids have very low fertility but not *NO* fertility. Let them take care of the eggs and see what happens.

A neat thing about hybrid creatures: most of them have some fertility however low. Each generation of offspring from two hybrids crossing is more likely to produce stable and fertile individuals than the previous such generation. Eventually this results in speciation. This is one way in which new species can be formed in nature (though it is more common to occur by human intervention via animal husbandry, but it does occur in nature too albeit with far far lower rate of occurrence.)

Most reactions

Back