I quit my job...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

TheTenthDoctor

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Well, my career as a mcdonalds cook is coming to an end. I finally put my two weeks in and am off to Walmart (hopefully). 3 years flipping burgers was 3 years too many. My boss who I am less than fond of, rang in, 200 nuggets, 40 big macs, 40 cheeseburgers, 20 mcchickens, and 12 crispy sandwiches (as a joke). I started crying...rightfully so, I was more than swamped. Apparently I was acting "unmanegorial" That was it. That was the straw that broke the camels back. I decided right there and then to quit. So I did. 3 days later I applied to walmart (3 different walmarts for 20 different positions) and put my notice in. I am going to call walmart and see about my application today. I am hoping to be able to work in the Ag room in walmart with all the plants. Agriculture is a passion of mine :)

Well done you! Its not easy quitting a job, especially when you're heavily dependant on the money. The grass is often greener on the otherside of the hill!!

Well done.
Im sure the people further up the McDonalds managerial hierarchy woUtd be interested in the stuff that your manager finds amusing.
Best of luck.
She ended up getting written up, but I am sure they would love to hear about it...lol I am not going to be that horrible disgruntled as* hat employee lol. I will go with grace and dignity

Quitting jobs is scary, but moving on is good. I'm in a different boat, having retired, but I loved my last job and giving my notice did not feel good. I had a few jobs earlier on where quitting was a great liberation feeling.

I can't imagine what working at McDonald's is like. I can only imagine the angry Karens and guests. I experienced them as a host at Texas Roadhouse in West Palm Beach Florida and let me tell you there have been quite a few I would have punched in the face had I not been working.
I too recently just quit. I quit because of nepotism and favoritism and because I was not getting the promotion that I felt I deserved after all I busted my ass for over a year there. Mean while the young teenage girls half of whom are medicore workers were getting promotions left and right due to one of the managers being 20 something and a sexual deviant I think lol.
I had also made a silly prank/mistake on a busy Friday night and the bosses were pissed about it and threw it in my face that they could have fired me. We were on a wait and one of the microphones for the waiting area was not working for several weeks. Anyway I picked it up thinking it was still broke and said sorry Texas Roadhouse is now closed please go home. A bunch of guests walked away and a few Karens stormed in demanding to speak with a manager like they were special lol,.. it was funny standing there wanting to bust out laughing. And when the manager asked if I did it I first denied it LMAO.

cr1tikal-penguinz0.gif

I was at my local petco last night grabbing a few things. They keep some nice looking tanks there. As I watched the girl fish out my fish I thought, I would like to work here.

I have owned my auto repair shop for 10 years now and I can not help but think I opened the wrong kind of shop. Maybe I can convert my front office space into a fish store.

I hope you enjoy your new job, fun at work can make a lower paying job worth a million bucks.

I worked for a supply company to McDonalds and have my Diploma in Hamburgerology. I can tell you head office would not be impressed and the store owner even more so. I would make a formal complaint to the store owner. Your boss is a "piece of the male's anatomy"

I worked for a supply company to McDonalds and have my Diploma in Hamburgerology. I can tell you head office would not be impressed and the store owner even more so. I would make a formal complaint to the store owner. Your boss is a "piece of the male's anatomy"
I have a Doctorate in McChickenology and an associates in giving people diabetes. They woman got written up, but the fact that she is considered "management" and I am "Not manigorial" is what sent me. I don't want to be that a$$ hat disgruntled employee. So I'll just leave and let someone else complain when things inevitably go down the tubes.

I am also from (but no longer there) the Pennsylvania backwoods (Bradford) and it was only a matter of time before Walmart became the major employer in much of the state. I often tell folks who have good customer service skills that there is good money to be made selling cars. However it sounds like you've found a nice match with a new position and I offer my congratulations. Now go grow something! :)

Most reactions

trending

Back