I purchased an injured Cherry Barb

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I think she got whacked by the net, the white patch looks like scales sheared off. The eye does look a bit poorly too, but could be trauma related.

That said, this barb also looks very thin, id be cautious and treat for internal parasites to be safe. If this one is affected, chances are they all are. Watch their poops and eating habits.

Ah I don't think it was intentional. She just wasn't experienced. They are €3 each or 5 for €12. So 2 of the fish are free plus they'd a 20% discount offer. I paid €20 for 10 fish and happy with that. I don't wanna return her because I do think it'd stress her.

I'll try get her back to health here in the lovely big clean tank.

@ClownLurch I think you've been her champ so you get to name her.
Noooo. I hate responsibility. Have a forum vote. Or shall I turn the TV on and she gets named after the first female person I see or recognise? Recognise may be best. The actress (actor I know I know but that sounds weird to a person of my vintage) or the role! Then the forum votes on the name, actress name or role name! OK are we all in agreement? Of course we are. Here goes.

Ah I don't think it was intentional. She just wasn't experienced. They are €3 each or 5 for €12. So 2 of the fish are free plus they'd a 20% discount offer. I paid €20 for 10 fish and happy with that. I don't wanna return her because I do think it'd stress her.

I'll try get her back to health here in the lovely big clean tank.

@ClownLurch I think you've been her champ so you get to name her.

Agree with NCaquatics, always best to err on the side of caution.

Sounds like you got a decent deal, so will say no further on that apart from it does not matter if intentional or not (would hope not intentional thats for sure!), it is still the staff's responsibility not to injure livestock and give you any injured fish, just not good fishkeeping practice is all.

Will keep my fingers crossed that cherry barb pulls though without any ill effects.

I think she got whacked by the net, the white patch looks like scales sheared off. The eye does look a bit poorly too, but could be trauma related.

That said, this barb also looks very thin, id be cautious and treat for internal parasites to be safe. If this one is affected, chances are they all are. Watch their poops and eating habits.

Will do. I've NT Labs Anti-Fluke & Wormer

I'll feed them tomorrow & keep a close eye. Thanks :)

Noooo. I hate responsibility. Have a forum vote. Or shall I turn the TV on and she gets named after the first female person I see or recognise? Recognise may be best. The actress (actor I know I know but that sounds weird to a person of my vintage) or the role! Then the forum votes on the name, actress name or role name! OK are we all in agreement? Of course we are. Here goes.
Agree with NCaquatics, always best to err on the side of caution.

Sounds like you got a decent deal, so will say no further on that apart from it does not matter if intentional or not (would hope not intentional thats for sure!), it is still the staff's responsibility not to injure livestock and give you any injured fish, just not good fishkeeping practice is all.

Will keep my fingers crossed that cherry barb pulls though without any ill effects.
Thank you.

Maybe her naming ceremony will bring get luck :(

Just keep her in fresh clean water with a little dissolved aquarium salt. If the others pick on her, move her to a QT. She’ll probably be OK. They are tuff fish. :)

Thanks. I'll pop out and get some salt tomorrow. I meant to get some on hand actually.

@ClownLurch I think she's a bit of Barbara Windsor about her and she's lopsided... So Peggy??

BBC1. Would I Lie To You is the show. It’s a comedy/panel show with two three person teams for none UK posters.Five men and one woman this week: Sarah Cox Radio DJ it is. So that can’t be voted on I’m afraid. So the next lady I recognise will be her opponent in the vote off.
Guess what? Mrs Lurch has rewound the show to watch from the start! So the alternative name won’t appear for 30 mins or so.

Harry Shearer one of the voice people from The Simpson’s is on her team for US posters if they’re still reading this rubbish.
Ill be back.

Last edited:
Thanks. I'll pop out and get some salt tomorrow. I meant to get some on hand actually.

@ClownLurch I think she's a bit of Barbara Windsor about her and she's lopsided... So Peggy??
She’s your fish. It’s up to you. Theres an old US country singer named Peggy Sue WRIGHT! Sorted X2! US posters may confirm.....or google.

I do like the randomness though. Who's next on your tv?

Most reactions

Back