I Neeeeeed This Tank!

ellena

Fish Gatherer
Joined
Apr 11, 2009
Messages
2,137
Reaction score
4
Points
38
Location
GB
Just seen a really old thread in the members' pictures section about these tanks.
I love the curved aquastyle tanks with the filtration in the lid rather than taking up space in the tank, but the largest one they do in the UK is the aquastyle 980, only 3ft and 215l.
In my aquarium daydreams, I have a huge shoal of congo tetras, so a bigger tank would be perfect. And such a thing exists. But only in Australia. Bah!
 
Just seen a really old thread in the members' pictures section about these tanks.
I love the curved aquastyle tanks with the filtration in the lid rather than taking up space in the tank, but the largest one they do in the UK is the aquastyle 980, only 3ft and 215l.
In my aquarium daydreams, I have a huge shoal of congo tetras, so a bigger tank would be perfect. And such a thing exists. But only in Australia. Bah!


ha ha i agree hun, I have an aqua one in the kitchen, and what ever i put in there thrives, the lights must be good because the plants go mad.

A lot of people dont like trickle filters but imho that ones fab! :good:
 
Why dont you look into another curved tank (loooads on the market) and just get yourself an external filter so it doesnt take up space in the tank? There far better then the ones fitted as standard in the hood anyway :)
 
What other curved ones are there? I've only ever seen the aquastyle ones.
 
Ah, I see what you mean. I don't mean that kind of curved glass though. The aqua ones have curved corners with no joins, although the front is flat. I've never seen any others like that apart from small tanks.
 
Some of these must come into the UK as I saw one on a garden centre in the North East a year or two ago. I had an AR850 at the time and I think this was an AR1250 (or something like that) and I think it was a bit bigger than 4 ft (possibly 1250mm :D ). I'm pretty sure I have also seen one on ebay.

Keep looking, you never know you might find one
 
Ebay always have loads of these on upto 5ft my mate got one off there a couple of month back too the only thing i find with them is that they aren't very wide for the length and height
 
Ebay always have loads of these on upto 5ft my mate got one off there a couple of month back too the only thing i find with them is that they aren't very wide for the length and height
Just checked the measurements and I see what you mean! Even the biggest is only 50cm front to back. I'll keep my eye out on ebay, thanks :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top