I Need Some Advice...

Troke

Reaction score
I'm still new to this but have successfully kept 6 Silver Tipped Tetras for several months now. They are doing fine and are quite lively, except one of them has tears on each fin and is constantly hiding inside the small hole I originally made for the Dwarf Frogs. He usually only comes out when I feed them and whenever he isn't hiding he's constantly being chased by the others. Except for one who sometimes hides with him under the rock but I was wondering what to do in this situation. I've heard the more you have the more they calm down but I can't fit anymore in there. I'm currently just finishing cycling a new tank which I plan to stock soon but I was thinking of maybe transferring him and his sometimes partner in hiding over to the new tank so they won't be harassed. But I know tetra's like to be in groups and if I did this it would make their groups smaller. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Do his fins that are torn show any reddening, or do they look washed out, or is the colouration normal?

How many hiding spaces does the picked on one have? Is there lots of plants (fake or real)? The more places he has to hide, the more chance he'll get to heal. The more safe places a fish feels like it has, the braver and more confident the fish will be -- because they know safety is just a few flicks of the tail away.

Most reactions

Back