I need help

dirty332

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have got some mollies at the pet store kinda hoping they would breed so my friend could have a couple and i cant tell if there fighting or what and i cant even tell if there male or female :( i got my awuarium set up for quit a while now and i still cant figure the sexes so to speack if someone could help me out that would be great :D

ok the males will have a modified fin that is a bit like pointed stick backwards the female has a normal fin there.... i hope this helps if not just loook it up on a website on livebearers through google there ell u and sometimes provide pictures :D

-_- -_- Ok thanx but it seems i have t females together with a beta there doing fine but the females chase each other sometime im not 100% sure there both females but i really think so and if that is the case would there be ok if there pregnant in a 1 gallon old beta vase until they have there fry i think thats the name, and would the fry be able to live in there if i feed them properly theres no filter or anything also but would they still be able to live in there?

hmmmmmm probably but i would of thought i would be best to get a little breeders net to put the fry in or even better get a another smalll tank for fry :D :lol: if u want more babies after this batch of fry ur need to get a male but how bog are the one su have now??? the mollies?? :D u can show me in lines if u want ------ those lines of just give me a estimate whatever

The mollies i have are -------------------------------- maybe a little smaller but not by much thanx for the help
(i couldnt get the pic on there sry)

thats a good molly size i was just wondering if mayve one was an undevlepoed male but i think there to big now not to be female but ohwell gd luck with ur molies they do rule :D :hyper:

I have a nother questin are mollie females smaller then males? and do you think if i got them from the pet store they are pregnant?
-_-

I don't know for sure about the size of mollies, but in my situation, one of my females, Tigger, is the largest of the three that I have right now...and Tigger is female. My male, Punk, might not be fully grown yet though...so I don't know if he will be bigger than Tigger.

Unless your pet store seperates the sexes (one of the local ones here does) there is a chance that your females could be pregnant. But unless they are starting to look plump...I doubt it.

Hope this helps. :thumbs: :D

Most reactions

Back