I need guidance...

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

dixaisy930

I'm trying really hard to act normal
Reaction score
Yesterday, one of my corys jumped out of my tank. I suspect they got too much momentum swimming up the side up the tank and darting back down. So, I'm down to three now. My tank is at capacity (and probably then some -_- ). However, I always thought corys weren't that messy/dirty, plus they helped clean, so I figured it was probably alright. So my question is, would adding 1-3 more cories be a bad idea?

I am religious about testing and water changes, but I have quite a few bottom dwellers already...three bumblebee gobies, one white cheeked goby, and rubber-lipped pleco...they all are very respectful and peaceful though...there are quite a few plants and hiding places, though. I just thought the cories might be happier if there were a few more of them.

Does anyone ever have problems with different type of cories "bonding" and grouping with each other?

how big is your tank? do you have pretty powerful filter system? when you look at the tank, do you see there being enough room for more fish when they are full grown?

Corys do not usually jump out of their tank, dixaisy930. :eek: I would take this as an indication that something is wrong.

If you feel that your tank is at or above a safe carrying capacity, do not even think about adding more fish, especially after this accident. :no:

Remember, too, that water tested from the top of the tank might not accurately reflect the conditions at the very bottom. Be sure to vacume all the decaying poop, etc. from the gravel on a frequent basis, and do it even more often if your tank is crowded. :nod:

I'm not going to comment on whether or not you should/could get more fish, 'cause I don't have adequate experience to that, at this point.

Does anyone ever have problems with different type of cories "bonding" and grouping with each other?

I have three Corys, all different varieties. They hang out together, swim together, etc. It doesn't appear that they've had any trouble bonding with each other. I love those little fish. They're so cute :nod:

Pamela
aka Lizard

I agree with Lizard. :nod:

Corys are happy little fish that get along with everyone and especially enjoy the company of any other corys. I, too, have a good mixture of them and love to watch them all live and play together. :D

Most reactions

Back