I need a new light for the 55. Finnex HLC?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Metalhead88

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I need a new light for my 55 gallon community tank.

I have just one piece of driftwood with some Java moss and at the moment. I plan to plant more heavily with better lighting.

After a little bit of shopping and researching, I belive I've found the one.

The Finnex planted plus HLC 48 inch for $105 seems to be the winner so far. Has any one used this light or have another one to recommend in this price range?

Finnex Planted+ 24/7 HLC Aquarium LED Light, Automated Full Spectrum Fish Tank Light, 46.5-48 Inch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S6CTR1V/?tag=ff0d01-20

Here's what I have going on in the newly set up tank. I have much work to do still.
91c3478ba45569e8efe58be319f3c91e.jpg

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I need a new light for my 55 gallon community tank.

I have just one piece of driftwood with some Java moss and at the moment. I plan to plant more heavily with better lighting.

After a little bit of shopping and researching, I belive I've found the one.

The Finnex planted plus HLC 48 inch for $105 seems to be the winner so far. Has any one used this light or have another one to recommend in this price range?

Finnex Planted+ 24/7 HLC Aquarium LED Light, Automated Full Spectrum Fish Tank Light, 46.5-48 Inch https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S6CTR1V/?tag=ff0d01-20

Here's what I have going on in the newly set up tank. I have much work to do still.
91c3478ba45569e8efe58be319f3c91e.jpg

Hows the tank coming along? Did you replace your lighting?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
So far we have 2 Angels which I may rehome since I've found that they are best kept in groups, a nice sized school of serpae tetras, a school of corries and some rams. This was my first community setup in quite some time. I keep cichlids in my other tank.

Aside from pulling the trigger, I've just about made up my mind on that finnex light. I'll add in a bunch of plants at that point.

Caution. Serpaes and angels in the same tank is not a recipe for peace and harmony.

Caution. Serpaes and angels in the same tank is not a recipe for peace and harmony.
That I've heard as well. The school is large enough that I may be lucky. After a month, I haven't seen a single bit of fin nipping or damaged fins on the angels.

Most reactions

trending

Back