I Might To Go Bigger

Nik00117

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Dec 14, 2008
Messages
153
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Daegu, South Korea
So today I was doing my research. On ebay there are a lot of tanks in the 250-350 range. They all seem to cost more then 100 euros.

I then went to the 351+ range they were all the same cost OR LESS.

In fact the 450-600 liters were about the same price!

So basically I may be gettinga 450-600 tank.

For US Gallons that'd be 65-90 gallons are about the same cost of a 118-157 gallon.

That'd be a real shame if I had to upgrade :( I'd hate to have to go from a 65 to a 120-160 that'd suck! I could only put dozens more fish in there with a far more stable and beaitful tank.

Notice scarasmism.
 
Yeah, you can get lucky on tanks that size, I guess its to do with not many people having the space/time to have a bigger tank, so you will find alot of custom made tanks going second hand often at a cut rate price.

Bigger tanks do have their disadvantages however, they cost more to run, longer maintinance time and can only go in certain locations in the house due to weight issues. However, there are benefits which for most people outweigh the above things mentioned.
 
I know, believe that's in the back of my mind as well. However i've seen some great deals (to bad i'm not in a position to act). There was a 450L tank yesterday it sold for 115 euro. It was only 200 KM from me and had EVERYTHING. Apparently the guy's company was sending him to Japan and he couldnt tank the tank. He had heaters, filter, stand, test kits, rocks, coral sand, EVERYTHINg 115 euors!

I can only hope I get that deal.

I already know that'll be a mission to get this done. I intend on picking my tank off Ebay and drivng out to wherever it is to pick it up (so i'm limited by how far they are away I don't want a 700 KM trip out there and 700 KM back.

As of right now the apartment I want is on the bottom floor so weight isn't a concern although the tiles might be feeling it. I mean if I were to get a 160 gallon tank just the water alone would weigh half a ton at least!
 
As long as the floor tiles have been put down on a uniform bed of adhesive/mortar they should be fine, if you are worried you could put a sheet of wood/steel down to distribute the weight across a larger surface area. Just a word or advice, try and site the tank near a water supply/waste or you could spend a lot of time doing water changes...
 
In the apartment I want the position I want to put the tank is DIRECTLY adjacent to the bathroom which has a tub. So I figure with a 5 gallon bucket bucket on a 25% water change in a 350 liter tank it'll take me 5 trips.

To protect the tile i'll simply place a piece of plywood that's slightly larger then my base under cover it with a carpet to ensure that it'll look nice.

That's only if I go with a much larger tank. Like a 500 liter or so.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top