I Love It But Think It Could Be Better

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Sweeden

Fish Crazy
Reaction score

Here is my new set-up

As you can see my plants are simple and my other plants on the way are simple too (Anubia)

i just need a little help with scape to make it perfect

Getting a background would help. Backgrounds help by establishing contrast and by hiding wires. Is that a filter just sitting next to your rocks? You could move one of the larger ones in front of it or move the filter so it's not just in your face. 

That piece of wood is really interesting. I wonder if you could turn it onto its side to make an arch? The eye naturally goes to the tall rock, so at first I didn't even notice the tip of the other piece of wood. If you can adjust so that you've only got one main focal point in the tank, I think it would be an improvement for your scape. Of course, more plants are always great! 

A background would be the first way to improve though (and, as always, more plants!). You can do a homemade background out of a black trash bag if you want to save some money and make one to size.

Nice set up!  You have a good basic foundation, there.  I also think a background is the next thing to work on.

That looks good. Not sure if it's just the photo, but those lights look kind of odd. I would possibly thinking about replacing those.

Maybe you could get some pygmy chain swords and scatter them around. 

I finally put a background on my tank and it changed the whole look of the tank.

OK so here it currently stands

Im thinking of doing a DIY background, and adding some Elodea (low light/low tech?)

I may change the bulb but it does make the cardinals really bright

Your filter is very low down, I'd be wary of it sucking up some of the substrate.
If you raised it up so the outflow was rippling the surface if the water you'd also get better aeration.
Some tall plants along the back would look good, maybe some swords or the elodea as you mentioned

Isn't that a 10 gallon? Which is to small for cardinals right? I mean it looks great but, I think they need a 20 gallon min.

It's a 15 gallon, which is far from ideal but so long as they'll be the only fish in the tank it should be fine.

Looks great

I would be inclined to move the java fern to the other side to help hide the filter or the piece of wood with the moss on it

sawickib said:
Isn't that a 10 gallon? Which is to small for cardinals right? I mean it looks great but, I think they need a 20 gallon min.

It is 15G, Didn't realise there was a size limit for cardinals, oopsy! When I move out in Summer I may look at a Bigger tank then.

508 said:
It's a 15 gallon, which is far from ideal but so long as they'll be the only fish in the tank it should be fine.

Feel guilty now, but yes they will be the only fish in the tank. Wish they'd spread around the height of the tank more though

Alasse said:
Looks great

I would be inclined to move the java fern to the other side to help hide the filter or the piece of wood with the moss on it

I will lift the filter later on, Whilst doing so will have a play with trying to hide the filter

OK so i have just rescaped (a little) and also added a new filter and partial 3d background...

Plants looking good and health, can see the little fishes swimming in the air bubble curtain :lol:

What filter is that btw? just curious.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back