I Love Cherry Shrimp

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

jlOisAhoTti

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have to say, of all the shrimp I've owned (Ghost, Amano, Cherry) I'm going to have to say that cherries are my all time favorite shrimps. They are very interesting shrimp, always swimming, playing in the duck weed, or sparring one another. Not to mention they breed like rabbits. Who else has a fondness for cherry shrimps?
DSC03954.jpg
DSC03968.jpg
DSC03953.jpg
DSC03952.jpg

I have recently discovered them. I will get some in the distant future. Unfortantly I can only admire them from the LFS right now. I had never heard of them till after I setup my 20 gallon. Maybe I will convert my 20 gallon for cherry shrimp after I upgrade or may be i'll get a 10 gallon. I currently keep ghost shrimp.

Well I would definitely recommend them, they are beautiful shrimp. Unfortunately they aren't very compatible with ghost shrimp as they don't get big enough to defend themselves.

ya, I want to a tank that I would setup around there needs. But that is a one day kinda thing.

I am just about to take collection of my first dozen Cherry Shrimp :hyper: , i will let you know over the next few weeks whether they become a Love. They are going into my 180l Commmunity tank and should have a lovely time inspecting all my new plants.

Well I would definitely recommend them, they are beautiful shrimp. Unfortunately they aren't very compatible with ghost shrimp as they don't get big enough to defend themselves.

i think that may be my problem. i love shrimp in the tank, and since the RCS are the most colorful i can find, i would love to keep those. I got two orders from TaDeGe and they lasted me a couple of months. problem is i have plenty of ghost shrimp...and rainbowfish and angelfish...both of which love RCS :-( If i remove the ghost shrimp, do you think the RCS would have a better chance at surviving? i believe it was the ghost shrimp that killed the few reds that managed to survive long enough to learn to hide from the fish.

i see you're in florida...are you down south? do you get yours from TaDeGe as well? (fort lauderdale i think?)

anyways, RCS rule :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back