I Laughed Untill I Lost My Breath

tankedagain

New Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2007
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
pataskala, Ohio
I have 3 mollies 2 swordfish a cory cat and a 4" pleco,set my tank up at Christmas, went thru a few mistakes( it had been 20 yrs since last tank) That being said here's the funny part. My tank is now cycled and cleaned up really nice, so I was wondering if my pleco was getting enough to eat, so I came on here and found that there were alage waffers and that some of you feed your plecos veggies. I wasn't able to get to the lfs so I tried a pea (canned). Dropped in the water and Mr. pleco went right for it, but it being to big for him to swallow he turned loose of it and my female swordfish bit at it which caused it to bounce up in the tank, pleco caught it and in the middle of him sucking on it he would bob his head up and down like he dribbling a basket ball then turn loose and the swordfish would bite at again causing it to "bounce "back up in the tank where pleco would grab again and dribble, this went on for abount 5 minutes. I had never seen anything like that and I laughed so hard that I thought I would split open.I don't remember who had the post on the peas but I wish to thank you for giving me a laugh like I've I haven't had for years(been going thru some bad times). Also want to thank everyone on this forum for being so kind and helpfull. ......John.......tankedagain :good: :good: :good:
 
Hahaha :lol:
Fish are wonderful creatures :fun:
 
:hyper: you should have a camcorder ready next time you give him a pea. They might play basketball again!! :good:
 
roesyt99 seems like he likes canned pes and carrots, I tried to give a bit of fresh carrot and he wasn't interested, too hard I'd guess. he's a real beggar now,not a bit shy, he comes to the top of the tank when I feed the other fish and lays on his back and makes his sucking motion,while stealing a bit of fish flakes. thanks to evryone for the replies, oh, by the way I tried cutting one in half, dropped it in , he grabbed it from the inside side and swimmed around with it on his nose . I hope I'm not giving him too much. Thanks again everyone.....John , tankedagain :good:
 
roesyt99 seems like he likes canned pes and carrots, I tried to give a bit of fresh carrot and he wasn't interested, too hard I'd guess. he's a real beggar now,not a bit shy, he comes to the top of the tank when I feed the other fish and lays on his back and makes his sucking motion,while stealing a bit of fish flakes. thanks to evryone for the replies, oh, by the way I tried cutting one in half, dropped it in , he grabbed it from the inside side and swimmed around with it on his nose . I hope I'm not giving him too much. Thanks again everyone.....John , tankedagain :good:


Ha.> 'Garden' or 'Marrowfat' Pea? Have u tried Cucumber/ Corgette> heard they like it.

My Plec acts like that also> comes to surface and eats Bloodworm/Flakes and chases others away when they try to pinch his Wafers!

:good:
 
I have 3 mollies 2 swordfish a cory cat and a 4" pleco,set my tank up at Christmas, went thru a few mistakes( it had been 20 yrs since last tank) That being said here's the funny part. My tank is now cycled and cleaned up really nice, so I was wondering if my pleco was getting enough to eat, so I came on here and found that there were alage waffers and that some of you feed your plecos veggies. I wasn't able to get to the lfs so I tried a pea (canned). Dropped in the water and Mr. pleco went right for it, but it being to big for him to swallow he turned loose of it and my female swordfish bit at it which caused it to bounce up in the tank, pleco caught it and in the middle of him sucking on it he would bob his head up and down like he dribbling a basket ball then turn loose and the swordfish would bite at again causing it to "bounce "back up in the tank where pleco would grab again and dribble, this went on for abount 5 minutes. I had never seen anything like that and I laughed so hard that I thought I would split open.I don't remember who had the post on the peas but I wish to thank you for giving me a laugh like I've I haven't had for years(been going thru some bad times). Also want to thank everyone on this forum for being so kind and helpfull. ......John.......tankedagain :good: :good: :good:
In case you're wondering what to buy next now that the tank is cycled you Cory would appreciate some friends - they may even join in the food fight then :-)
 
Yep, I try to buy all my fish from there if possible> pity they don't open on Sundays though!

The plants are really good value and the Info. from the Older couple in the 'non-fish' building is brilliant.

I tell all new fishkeepers that I know to go to Betta@Byker ahead of anywhere else, if possible.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top