I Know I've Done This Before

Ludwig Venter

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Joined
Jun 7, 2008
Messages
8,209
Reaction score
5
Points
38
Location
South Africa
I cannot find a link to a recent topic on "your fish room",... so I'm showing it in any case.

My outside guppy pond.....
Update2062.jpg


I think this is my outside Convict pond
Update2067.jpg


This is 17 tanks inside the Garage
Update2050.jpg


Another view inside the Garage (please do not judge the general rubbish)
Update2088.jpg


An outside stand with another 17 tanks currently not running... Can be put up if required.
Update2056.jpg


Inside the house - display tank.
Update2097.jpg


Another view of inside display tank.... The Kribensis are breeding in this.
Update2101.jpg


There are still 3 outside ponds with Mollies, Goldfish and Platties which I did not photograph.
 
lovely Ludwig, actually very different from what i imagined in the way its all organised,and im very impressed :)
 
can i also breed goldfish in an outside pond...its a concrete pond.and it has been thoroughly cleaned and has been sitting as it is for the past 9 months.
does it need anything else?

and we need more pics......and filter pics;)
 
Of course you can breed them outside..... After 9 months, your tank should be nicely settled in..... Take a Polystyrene block.... drill numerous holes through it and put clusters of wool through these holes, and your gf eggs being adhesive... will cling to this. Simply submerge a bucket into your pond and "lure" the floating sheets into the bucket for transfer to a "hatching pond...... Before ye know it.... you'll have thousands.

One male and one female will produce about 3 000 eggs every week.... if you have enough space to rear the fry...... (make your own calculations).

I suggest that you do not go for the common commets, as they breed as easily as (for instance) Black Moores....... at the end of the day though... your black moores fetch a better price on the market for the same input from your side......
 
Oh my! I did not know that you had THAT many tanks. Knowing that you are a mod and have been in it for 40 years, I thought that you would have a lot of tanks, but not that many. :good:
 
Closes mouth!!!
Wow Ludwig
 
Oh my! I did not know that you had THAT many tanks. Knowing that you are a mod and have been in it for 40 years, I thought that you would have a lot of tanks, but not that many. :good:

This is a mere fraction of what I had when I lived in the City......(& currently not half as organised as Shelagh suggests)..... It is a comparative mess!
 
wow!!! thats what i call a serious addiction to fish keeping :good:

Well done,looks fab!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top