I Have Squid!

lol thought it'd get your attention :shifty: anyway, is it safe to feed my fresh water fish squid?

Not sure But.

I recently purchased a mixed bunch of dried fish pellets from an ebay store, (I usually just buy bloodworm pellets but saw this and thought i'd give it a try,)

In the mix was a 100g bag of Squid pellets, Don't really know if its right to feed it them, but my fish seem to like it
 
I've fed my plecos cooked plain squid in the past with no problems :thumbs: . They seem to prefer prawns and mussels more though.
 
Awww man you got me excited thinking they came up with a small hybrid or something! So wrong! :shifty:
 
I give my fish squid every now and then, it comes in the 'marine quartet' frozen food blister packs.

If your fish can actually cope with biting it, go for it. Puffers especially seem to like it. Can't think of any reason why it would be bad for freshwater fish, they get krill, mysis, brineshrimp, silverside, mussel and cockle all the time.
 
I feed my fish silversides, cocktail shrimp, scallops all the time as well I don't see why squid would be any different.
 
lol i thought it might have had a salt content because when i ate some ( :sick: lol) it tasted quite salty so i thought that might have down something to my water. and, when i was chewing it, it felt really tough so i thought the fish may have had a tough time chewing it lol but i put a really small bit in for my apisto cacatuoides, its the only fish i have atm, and he went straight for it lol so i'm guessing its fine and he loves it!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top