I Have Shells That I Picked Up On The Beach

Eversurf

Fishaholic
Reaction score
A couple of years ago I picked up some shell on the beach in Florida. I have saved them in a ziplock bag. Can I add them in to my tank and maybe have some of my invertabrate move in them?

Thanx

Depending from what beaches you got them from, I see no problem with adding them, however what I do first is boil them for a while to ensure the eradication of parasites or anything else that might be present on it. :nod:

I placed a piece of coral from Hawai'i into my tank without boiling it first. But like Eelzor said, it does depend on the beach.

-Lynden

I placed a piece of coral from Hawai'i into my tank without boiling it first. But like Eelzor said, it does depend on the beach.

-Lynden

OoooOoOooO. Soooo....Umm if I just happen to go to Monterey Bay and snatch some hermits will that be safe? :rolleyes:

I know its propably against so many laws to take wild life out of there habitat but will 1 or 2 or 80 hurt? :shifty: lol jk about the 80 but how about 1 or 2.

I think I picked them up in Fort Myers 3 years ago. My guess is that everything on or in there is dead. What do you guys think?

I'd boil em just to be safe. Anything live is now dead, but you dont want any decaying matter and/or pollutants into your small closed ecosystem.

Most reactions

Back