I Have Been Really Stupid

zesty

Fish Fanatic
Joined
May 3, 2009
Messages
173
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Margate - Kent
I cant believe it but I killed one of my young Tiger Barbs.

I had finished doing my water change and doing so had left a fair bit of plant debris floating round the tank. I used my net to scoop it all up and left the net resting on the top of my tank while I got something to eat. After I got back to the tank I picked the net up to empty the plant bits out of it only to find my smallest Tiger Barb lying lifeless in the net. I tried to revive him by floating the net in the tank but eventually realised that it was no good.

Im quite gutted that I managed to kill one of my poor fish by doing something so stupid as to not check the net.

Any one else done anything as dumb?
 
I also was cleaning my tank with the net, lifted it out of the water, only to find a few seconds later a cardinal tetra :(
Put it back in the water,but an hour later it passed away.
 
i removed bogwood with a bn plec fry still attached ... he survived tho ! ... i noticed him after a few seconds
 
The other day I left the lid off one of my tanks . . . for hours. Came back to find the tanks sole inhabitant, a beautiful 3 inch red-tailed black shark, on the floor.

R.I.P. little girl.
 
did water change and general clean.. 1 of 5 danios had disappeared after turning everything on putting lid on etc. for the next day I looked everywhere for it, nothing. A week later when hoovering round the back of the tank I found a small dried crispy danio : / WHY do fish jump out of the tank!? :angry:
 
i sucked up a neon tetra when i was doing a water change... put it back in the tank and its fine ;) that was about 3 weeks ago
 

Most reactions

Back
Top