I have baby somethings....

• Thread starter Deleted member 149562
  • Start date

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

D

Deleted member 149562

Sadly unable to take photos cos they were far too quick but whilst dealing with filter service, I found 5 baby somethings.

Each baby something was under 0.5cm long, had a sucker mouth and markings like my Otto's...however they might be baby BN's since I have multi-coloured BN's in the aquarium (1 x blue eyed yellow female, 1 x red eyed albino x red male and a male and female naturally dark brown/black)

So now I am waiting and watching for them to get bigger so that I can get photos of them and maybe even identify them.

I also discovered a couple of very very tiny (just over 1cm long) Pepper Cories too

Suffice it to say that there is some very frisky business going on in the aquarium...... ;)

Congrats you are obviously doing something right if you have babies. Why not just wait a few more weeks and see how they grow up?

Congrats!! If only I could keep my ramirezies fry alive like you do with your fish....!!

Well I managed to get a pretty bad photo of one of the babies this morning....phone not great at photos, especially at full zoom

So can anyone identify the baby....BN or Otto...bear in mind the babies are under 0.5cm long

IMG_20220309_050657_resized_20220309_051518802.jpg

@itiwhetu you're usually good at identifying things.....baby BN or Otto?

There are at least 5 of them in the aquarium....ignore the snail eggs, they are just being a pain in the posterior ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh heck....I was hoping the babies would be Otto since they take up less room

Why do my fish have to be so fertile and frisky, I have no real plants apart from moss balls (the floating plants got eaten).....my aquarium is everything that purists hate and yet I keep getting friskiness without even trying to get friskiness....don't they realise that I don't have space for another aquarium?

Why do my fish have to be so fertile and frisky, I have no real plants apart from moss balls (the floating plants got eaten).....my aquarium is everything that purists hate and yet I keep getting friskiness without even trying to get friskiness....don't they realise that I don't have space for another aquarium?
BN's are always fertile and frisky !

BN's are always fertile and frisky !
Typical.......fertile and frisky Cories and now fertile and frisky BN's too

The times I have read on this forum that other people cannot get their fish to breed no matter what....yet mine go into breeding overdrive at the drop of a hat

They have only been in the aquarium for about a month and they are already "at it".....I blame the Cories for giving the BN's bad habits...definitely the Cories fault....

Typical.......fertile and frisky Cories and now fertile and frisky BN's too

The times I have read on this forum that other people cannot get their fish to breed no matter what....yet mine go into breeding overdrive at the drop of a hat

They have only been in the aquarium for about a month and they are already "at it".....I blame the Cories for giving the BN's bad habits...definitely the Cories fault....
Uhhhh it is math : 1 male BN × 1 female BN = 1.000.000 ofspring.

People who don't get BN's to breed need therapy hahahaha

Reason why I only keep female BN's together(and still might need therapy)

Uhhhh it is math : 1 male BN × 1 female BN = 1.000.000 ofspring.

People who don't get BN's to breed need therapy hahahaha

Reason why I only keep female BN's together(and still might need therapy)
Didn't you know that all fishkeepers are stark raving bonkers? :p

Seriously though, I was not anticipating multiplications to start so soon after moving everyone into the new aquarium....and I had hoped that the mega munchers (the 5 Rams and one Apisto) would scoff any BN caviar or fry on sight...since they rarely ever miss any of the Cory caviar.

Someone needs to invent fish contraception. They would be a milti billionaire overnight.

I don't think Otocinclus have been bred in home aquariums. They are so delicate they die fast if conditions aren't what they like. Now,Rachel O Leary said she's had them live years. She has hers with other nano fish and makes sense that Oto's need peace to do well.
I think she's a little burned out on the constant posting of content on youtube to make a living at it. She hasn't done a new post in two months.

Didn't you know that all fishkeepers are stark raving bonkers? :p

Seriously though, I was not anticipating multiplications to start so soon after moving everyone into the new aquarium....and I had hoped that the mega munchers (the 5 Rams and one Apisto) would scoff any BN caviar or fry on sight...since they rarely ever miss any of the Cory caviar.

Someone needs to invent fish contraception. They would be a milti billionaire overnight.
I have a pair of BN in one of my SA cichlid tank. The male is a very good dad and he slaps the crap out of any nosy neighbors( 6 to 10 inch fish) who come to try to eat his babies. Mine would breed every 5 weeks if they could, but I let dad hang with the fry in a grow out tank to keep them from getting too frisky.:crazy:

Maybe quit playing 80s love songs for them.

I have two BN..one red,one yellow. I think both turned out to be females and they are never- ever- together in the 240 gallon. Even my two Pandas can at least stand the sight of each other.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back