GobyMaster
Fish Addict
- Joined
- Jun 24, 2007
- Messages
- 875
- Reaction score
- 0
- Points
- 0
Hello all, I received a 55 gallon aquarium for my birthday a few months ago, and I have been going through some ideas of what I want to do with it, and I recently came up with a new idea for it, but I didn't know how to do it, or where to post it.
I really want to set it up as a Paludarium, but I don't really know how to do it.
It's a project my dad and I are working on, and we've lowered it down to 2 possibilities of what type of habitat it'd be, either a tropical biotope with tree frogs and lizards, or a local biotope, in which we'd stock it with local fish and amphibian species.
The tank's dimensions are 48x13x21" (LxWxH), so we'd probably have it be about 2 feet of water and two feet of land, but that depends on what type of environment we decide on.
Our main questions are the following:
What would be the best way to construct the hillside for the tank so that it wouldn't erode through time, and that since it would have a creek running through it, what would b the best way to make it so that the creek won't leak through into the substrate?
Also, what would the best filtration be for something like this?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Sorry if my questions are confusing, just ask for clarification if needed!
Thanks again,
GobyMaster
I really want to set it up as a Paludarium, but I don't really know how to do it.
It's a project my dad and I are working on, and we've lowered it down to 2 possibilities of what type of habitat it'd be, either a tropical biotope with tree frogs and lizards, or a local biotope, in which we'd stock it with local fish and amphibian species.
The tank's dimensions are 48x13x21" (LxWxH), so we'd probably have it be about 2 feet of water and two feet of land, but that depends on what type of environment we decide on.
Our main questions are the following:
What would be the best way to construct the hillside for the tank so that it wouldn't erode through time, and that since it would have a creek running through it, what would b the best way to make it so that the creek won't leak through into the substrate?
Also, what would the best filtration be for something like this?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Sorry if my questions are confusing, just ask for clarification if needed!
Thanks again,
GobyMaster
/badmanstropicalfish.com/paludarium/paludarium.html






