I hate hot weather

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Colin_T

Fish Guru
Reaction score
We are 24 days into summer and Perth's summer temperatures are going up and making life miserable. It was 37C (99F) today and there are northerly and easterly winds blowing now and they have been blowing all night. I can't open the windows due to the dust blowing around and is it still 30C (86F) now at 3am.

The predicted temperature for Christmas day is 42C (108F) and the same winds. Boxing day is meant to be 44C (111F) with the same winds causing horrible conditions outside. Our temperatures are taken in the shade too, so it's 10-20C hotter in the sun.

I have no air conditioner, no fan and can't wind the windows down on the car. Stupid power windows don't work. And the gearbox is about to die so can't even drive down south to live during summer.

I am sweating like a pig in a sauna and want to be outside but can't due to the dust blowing around.

I hate hot weather.

take lots of cold showers and then air dry
also, at a minimum buy a fan

Feel for you Colin, thats unbearable heat. 30c at 3am🥵 wow!

Having spent Christmas in Perth one year during a heat wave I can empathise somewhat, but I'm freezing here, my feet are lime ice cubes, wanna swap?

oof
i dont like heat waves but i personally like summer better so i can go to the river and look at aquatic plants and mosquitofish

Sending you an icecold pic

Attachments

• IMG-20211224-WA0041.jpg
    IMG-20211224-WA0041.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 24
I hate the heat, and so glad I live in a mostly temperate climate. I have temperature regulating issues so both cold and heat are terrible. Is there any way to get even just a portable ac unit? That really sucks :(

It was cold here yesterday, but we're up to a balmy -7 this evening. I'm not a fan of when it gets to -30, but I'll take that over +30 anytime. I don't think I could function in the temperatures you're sitting in.
I'm moving to our east coast where a hot summer day is 25.

I've got a US $2 bill, pardon the background of the pic lol I'm in an airport :) I keep in in my wallet but I never plan to spend it

Attachments

• 20211224_135444.jpg
    20211224_135444.jpg
    271.5 KB · Views: 29
Some suggestions:

Is it possible to buy a portable air conditioner?

Or some people use fan with air cooler, though some said it's bad for health(no idea is it true).
I guess just don't the fan directly at you.

In some countries, there are people who fixed a water spray on their roof to cool down the roof and house.

Most reactions

Back