I had to say NO!!

BigC

Fish Maniac
Joined
Mar 4, 2005
Messages
8,294
Reaction score
10
Points
0
I went to my LFS (proper aquarist establishment) to buy some T5 lighting. I had my young daughter and son with me and they spotted some Puffers in a large tank. The little buggers were only around 75mm in length and there were two varieties figure of eight puffer £4.00 each, and spotted puffer £6.00 each. I must say that they have bags of character and look very endearing. I could well understand why my kids took to them. I don't know much about Puffers as I am old skool and puffers are a relatively new fish to grace the hobby. The owner of the shop has a very large display tank (its huge) and in there is a puffer and its well over 18" in length. How big do the aformentioned fish get? I like do deal in Latin names if possible and sometimes common names are not accurate. Both varieties had a fair amount of yellow colouration on their bodys though.
Needless to say I had to drag the kids out of the shop, begging me to buy them one each.
 
First, the Figure Eight Puffer's scientific name is Tetraodon Biocellatus, and the info on him can be found here.

The Spotted Puffer is most likely the Green Spotted Puffer, it's name is Tetraodon Nigroviridis. Info on it can be found here.

Both are brackish water puffers. B)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top