I did a thing

FishNturt808

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So, what once was my quarantine tank, has now become my temporary ā€˜Asian biotopeā€™ set up. Itā€™s a 20 gallon long, eventually gonna become at least a 55 gallon (thereā€™s a juvenile red tailed shark so it needs the space). Had it running on a tetra whisper 10(hob) and a sponge filter. Just swapped the hob for a penn plax cascade 700 canister. Mainly due to the ridiculous noise from the hob. Couldnā€™t be happier with the change. And water parameters are spot on (I followed the directions as well)

stock: 8 zebra danios (long and short fin)
1 honey gourami
1 red tailed black shark (I know the tank is too small, itā€™s strictly temporary, he was getting picked on in the 55 gallon set up)

Attachments

• FD5989D6-7994-40D4-A4A2-24259B67DE1F.jpeg
    FD5989D6-7994-40D4-A4A2-24259B67DE1F.jpeg
    385.8 KB · Views: 489
  • BDC71A09-69E6-4840-9108-9AA2529E1393.jpeg
    BDC71A09-69E6-4840-9108-9AA2529E1393.jpeg
    379.9 KB · Views: 49
So, what once was my quarantine tank, has now become my temporary ā€˜Asian biotopeā€™ set up. Itā€™s a 20 gallon long, eventually gonna become at least a 55 gallon (thereā€™s a juvenile red tailed shark so it needs the space). Had it running on a tetra whisper 10(hob) and a sponge filter. Just swapped the hob for a penn plax cascade 700 canister. Mainly due to the ridiculous noise from the hob. Couldnā€™t be happier with the change. And water parameters are spot on (I followed the directions as well)

stock: 8 zebra danios (long and short fin)
1 honey gourami
1 red tailed black shark (I know the tank is too small, itā€™s strictly temporary, he was getting picked on in the 55 gallon set up)
Looks beautiful! Love how the rocks are set up.

Thank you! Iā€™m thinking about adding a couple more plants. Well at least one more. Give it a little more depth.
Its looking good! I agree that a bit more planting will go a long way but other than that its a very nice aquarium!

I understand. I don't have a local fish store and PetSmart does nothing for me so I need to find other ways to get things. Luckily, living in Arizona, don't need to worry about the cold killing the things I order because it rarely gets below 10 Celsius, even in the middle of winter. That aside, best of luck with this tank!

Living on an island, they are pretty strict with getting live goods shipped here. Gotta get permits and all that. All we have is a Petco, and a couple local pet shops that have fish sections. Not to mention everything is marked up at least double what it costs on the mainland. So, yeah, slim pickings.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back