I could do with saving these eggs

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Guyb93

Fish Herder
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
The other morning I woke up to two dead geophagus this morning I have woke up to a fair few Cory eggs , they are very close to my water surface and it is my water change day , my school of bronze corys did take a hit last year and went from 14 to 8 , but these eggs could rebuild them if I can just save them , my hospital tank is occupied by electric blue acara fry so I’m guessing that’s a no ?or could they mix ? They have 0% chance in my main tank , only reason they are still there is because my pleco has unearthed a few swords again and they are hiding them , my plan is to do my water change scrape off the eggs into a 12inch net and float them in my fry tank until they free swim , any thoughts or better plans ?

I’m keeping it blue light so they are less noticeable

Attachments

• C1CEE625-722A-41CE-B2C1-6014F921D318.jpeg
    C1CEE625-722A-41CE-B2C1-6014F921D318.jpeg
    179.4 KB · Views: 62
The other morning I woke up to two dead geophagus this morning I have woke up to a fair few Cory eggs , they are very close to my water surface and it is my water change day , my school of bronze corys did take a hit last year and went from 14 to 8 , but these eggs could rebuild them if I can just save them , my hospital tank is occupied by electric blue acara fry so I’m guessing that’s a no ?or could they mix ? They have 0% chance in my main tank , only reason they are still there is because my pleco has unearthed a few swords again and they are hiding them , my plan is to do my water change scrape off the eggs into a 12inch net and float them in my fry tank until they free swim , any thoughts or better plans ?
The acara fry will most likely eat the cory fry. If you know what corys have been spawning move them to a different tank. Usually weather changes stimulate spawning behaviour. Also after the female has spawned, remove the adults and let the eggs hatch. This is if you have a spare tank.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back