I can't choose!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

red cherry shrimp will readily breed though your fish will eat shrimplets
Where as Amanos will berry but wont hatch in freshwater as in the wild they go between fresh and brackish to breed.
Though amanos especially full grown will be less likely to be eaten as they get much larger than cherry shrimp but they also only live a few years and dont breed which is why i always try to get the smallest amanos i can.
Also amano are the best algae eating shrimp and also yes if you mix different colored same species shrimp they will cross breed and youll end up with brown shrimp.

red cherry shrimp will readily breed though your fish will eat shrimplets
Where as Amanos will berry but wont hatch in freshwater as in the wild they go between fresh and brackish to breed.
Though amanos especially full grown will be less likely to be eaten as they get much larger than cherry shrimp but they also only live a few years and dont breed which is why i always try to get the smallest amanos i can.
Also amano are the best algae eating shrimp and also yes if you mix different colored same species shrimp they will cross breed and youll end up with brown shrimp.
I would be too scared to take very young amano shrimp but I will ask the person how old she thinks they are so I don't get a shrimp that will die very soon. Thank you

Whaat when did you start keeping them?
About 2 years ago. But I lost most of them last year so the current lot has only taken about 8 months. No need to worry their reproduction rate will slow as the tank reaches capacity. When the numbers start reducing it will pick up again. Your fish will certainly eat shrimplets, but they are good at hiding so some will survive. When you see a berried shrimp it will produce 30-60 shrimplets in about a month. A couple of months later and your shrimplets will start on producing the next generation :)

About 2 years ago. But I lost most of them last year so the current lot has only taken about 8 months. No need to worry their reproduction rate will slow as the tank reaches capacity. When the numbers start reducing it will pick up again. Your fish will certainly eat shrimplets, but they are good at hiding so some will survive. When you see a berried shrimp it will produce 30-60 shrimplets in about a month. A couple of months later and your shrimplets will start on producing the next generation :)
Cool! I am not worried about over population, I think my LFS would be happy to buy some from me. :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back