I am evil

smooth_bourbon

Fishaholic
Joined
Aug 16, 2005
Messages
438
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Oregon, United States
I was justing reading yet another log bashing puffers and saying they will kill all tank mates.

So not true I had the best little GSP's ever they grew up together with a pair of Mollies. I started them in a 29 gallon and then upgraded after I had them a couple months. They never once nipped each other or the mollies. In over two years. Cream puff would follow Jelly doughnut (who was a bit bigger then Cream puff) around all day it was super cute.

Of course anything new I added to the tank was food. The puffers would work together for the kill jelly attacked and cream puff hovered close to catch anything that made a break for it. Then all four would eat together.


I found them such a good home. The owner of my favorite store offered to adopt them. He didnt even make fun of me when I started crying while helping him set them up at his house. He felt so bad he gave me credit at his store as a trade but I dont have the heart to use it. Would hate anything I got in return.
 
well if ur lucky enogh to get them young and raise them in a community setting, then yea they would be less aggressive an dmore accepting of other fish. most puffers u buy now are alredy or almost full grown and have been raised with only other puffers, they dont know anything about the other fish and dont want nothing to do with them. i read a long article on fish phsycology, they do think and have minds and feelings, you have the power to shape them just like parents form the mind of a young child, iv always wanted to test the therory, just dont have the time right now.
 
It happens.
Fish, like all creatures have varying personalities. Our so-called vicious killer Fahaka Puffer, Martha, who shares her tank peacefully with two large plecs and an Ornate Polypterus is a prime example.

There will always be the exception to the rule, but for the fishs' sake we advise based on the 'default' puffer personality...

Puffers are not community fish.
 
:byebye: :sad: I just read another post and it reminded me of how cute GSP's are when they sleep with their little tails curled up. I havent visited mine since I gave them away, and its been almost a month I just dont have the heart to. So I am spoiling my other fish to make me feel better.
 
Not to ask anything stupid, but if you liked them so much, why did you give them away?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top