Hybrid Mbuna.

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

freshmike

©µ®¦§‡Ø¶=€®
Reaction score
Well...this of course happened by accident, but here is my hybrid...I have 4 of them...and they are starting to look beautiful......they have very unique color. :wub:

Attachments

• hybrid_7_1.jpg
    hybrid_7_1.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 834
....and one more....hangin with the demasoni..... :thumbs:

Attachments

• hybrid_5.JPG
    hybrid_5.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 236
WOW you got some more good pics, surpirse surprise :lol:

Well now, I'm a little dumbfounded :eek:

Personally....I think they're wicked awesome FM :nod: , I was absolutely drooling with jealousy and thinking how awesome it was that they "mixed" on ya :lol: I like them! They're original & beautiful,that's for sure!

wuvmybetta said:
Well now, I'm a little dumbfounded :eek:

Personally....I think they're wicked awesome FM :nod: , I was absolutely drooling with jealousy and thinking how awesome it was that they "mixed" on ya :lol: I like them! They're original & beautiful,that's for sure!
Thanx wuv, I also think they are beautiful.....besides, Lake Malawi....has how many types of cichlids? I bet somewhere along the line.....well lets just say....I bet 75% are hybrids....just something I have read :p

Chris :ninja:

p.s. the pic is not mine.... :unsure:

Attachments

• uv02_16.jpg
    uv02_16.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 116
Oh you know there's gotta be some intermingling going on in there!

That's an awesome pic, can you imagine what the lake would look like in person?! how freakin' awesome that must be!

If you're into Disney movies...Tarzan has the most beautiful scene where they're kind of flying through the jungle over the lake where the elephants are swimming and if you look closely you can see tons of cichlids swimming in the lake :lol:

I don't agree.
I have no problem telling some one their kid looks like an alien... cause all of them do....
I truly don't see anything "cute" about human babys...

Adrinal said:
What the heck do all those fish eat... there isnt much plant growth there... so what do the bugs? eat that the fish eat...
:X :huh: :X :huh: :X :huh: Okay, I am lost....... :sly:

Chris :huh:

the picture from mother nature.... less thats a pic from the new tank that was your garage?

I mean really what do they eat in nature... arnt the three main lakes in africa like rock heaven? Still there are so many different fish they must eat something... whats the web o life out there cichlid addicts ?

awsome yellow and blue color mixures i think it looks sweet

hmmmm Im not sure its time for the rifles at dawn yet guys :(

I guess if your used to seeing one particular species in its own state, seeing a hybrid would be like, for example, seeing a bit of a Ford welded onto a bit of a Honda, it just looks a little 'wrong' for want of a better word. Try picturing Michael Jackson's body (in the leather 'Thriller' gear and velvet slip on shoes!) with John Lennons head and you might get an idea :)

Its a very interesting fish no doubt, quite striking actually but I guess it would be like me seeing a Discus with the fins of an Angel, I would consider that a little off putting, but thats just me...

The pic is fantastic of course, lets all sip some non-alcoholic, caffeine and fat free beverages served by well paid waiters on recycled beer mats and chill a bit, its the weekend :thumbs:

Most reactions

Back