Hows My Stocking

Just_Another_One

Fishaholic
Joined
Apr 5, 2007
Messages
575
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Vancouver, Canada
1 gold gourami
6 one lined pencilfish
6 red phantom tetra
5 blue diamond tetra
4 black phantom tetra
3 harlequin rasbora
6 pygymy cories
3 kuhli loaches
2 young BN plecs


Hows that for a 20 gallon tall tank with a aqua clear 50 filter and some live plants. The tanks been set up about 6 months now and the only death i've had was from a baby blue diamond tetra who just wouldnt eat then after about 2 months he died :( Never seen a diesese in this tank either.

You may think its to crowded in there but there is loads of room as some fishies stay at the top only, some middle only, and some bottom only :)

It may be a "little" over stocked but it seems to be working fine. I may even add another small school or two. lol
013-2.jpg


So, what do you think??
 
It does look a bit overstocked but if it's workin for u more power to ya. just make sure your not overfeeding and u keep up on ur water changes and u shud be in good shape.
 
I make that over 100cm of fish, in a 75l tank? The fact it's tall means less surface area too. Maybe look at rehoming some, but def. don't get any more. The fact they live in different areas of the tank doesn't make any difference.
 
as of right now your over stocked due to the Golden Gourami, those need a fairly large tanl from what I hear (30+). If you just re homed the pencil fish and the golden Gourami and left it at that I would say your tank would be fully stocked. If you did add anything after restocking I would suggest bringing each schoolig fish to 6 and leave it at that.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top