Howdy from Texas!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Woodlol

Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
After having a baby I'm returning to the hobby casually, currently I just have a small 10gal with lambchop rasboras and cory cats. Though I'm upgrading soon to a 30gal where I hope to introduce a pair of gouramis and a few more rasboras.

Not sure about the gourami type yet. Leaning towards pearl, or flame dwarf.

I'm open to other stocking options!

Attachments

• 20220430_141928.jpg
    20220430_141928.jpg
    279.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 20220501_185549.jpg
    20220501_185549.jpg
    303 KB · Views: 24
Howdy back from Wyoming! Nice looking tank. Always wanted to try lambchops. They'll be a lot happier in a 30g. How many do you have?

Pearls are my favorite gourami. For a 30g I'd get a male and two females.

Howdy, fellow Texan (and yes, I am from Texas)! How about a pair of honey gourami for your 30 gallon? I find that this species of gourami are the most peaceful. I used to keep a pearl gourami in a 29 gallon, and that fish is aggressive, especially during feeding time. As for the flame dwarf, they are prone to a virus that is impossible to treat, so if I were you, I'd avoid that fish.

I've thought about the honeys as well! Are they not as prone to DGIV? I guess they're not technically dwarf gouramis... I'm actually curious if you can keep 3-4 honey gouramis together, I know some are too aggressive to keep more than a pair.

I've thought about the honeys as well! Are they not as prone to DGIV? I guess they're not technically dwarf gouramis
Nope! Just the dwarf gourami and all their color variants.

I'm actually curious if you can keep 3-4 honey gouramis together, I know some are too aggressive to keep more than a pair.
Should be fine. Used to keep four together and they don't really bother each other.

With a few more plants, your tank looks great for Chocolate Gourami's, do you have soft acid water?

I've thought about the honeys as well! .......... I guess they're not technically dwarf gouramis
Honeys and dwarfs are different species, but shops insist on using the name dwarf honey gourami which makes everyone think that honeys are just a different colour dwarf gourami :(

Dwarf gourami = Trichogaster lalius
Honey gourami = Trichogaster chuna.

Hi & welcome to TFF... :hi:
Good thing to upgrade to a 30G tank...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back