How To Sort My Tanks After A Loss...

Chichlids

  • Blue/Gold Rams

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eletectric Yellows (current stock permitting)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Krib

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0

mwood2

Fish Addict
Joined
Sep 24, 2008
Messages
749
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Vancouver WA (US)
So the heat is finally starting to die down and will be under 90 starting monday which means my tanks should start going lower as well. As of right now since my losses I am at:

30 Gallon:
3 Molly
3+ oto (I cant find them to count them)
1 BN

10 Gallon:
1 Molly
2-3 Oto

Its a shame a had such a huge lost but I will defently lean from this and be prepared with fans, frozen bottles of water and black/White Blankets. As of right now my casualty has gone to...

6 Peppered Cory
3-4 Oto
3 upside Down Catfish
1 DP
1 Bloodfin (still alive but doesnt seem like he will make it over a day or 2 more...)
1 ADF

Sadly this was just over 1-2 days. Anyways once i confirm my tanks are doing fine again I will re stock and change my current stocking. My question is what shall I add and what should be in each tank. I know for sure I am looking for Cichlids and am debating between Kribs and Rams but I know Rams (have options between Blue and Gold) are to sensitive for me right now. I am thinking of Electric Yellows if I could move most of my stock to my 30 and then add some Loach and another BN and leave at that?
 
what i would do is moe the fish from the 10g in to the 30g and then get another bn or some more upside down cats if you want them or corys and then some gouramis or raibow fish
and get a pair of apistogramma to go in the 10g
 
I had kribs - now I have rams
Kribs seem so plain in comparison to ickle rams - definately worth the effort of extra water changes :good:
 
Well as of right now I think I have a idea of what I want to Stock now. I shall do:

30 Gallon:
2 Molly
2 Rams
5 Bloodfin tetras
5 Rio Flame tetras
2 BN
5 Yoyo Loach
1-3 Oto (depending on if I can transfer any of them to the 10, there tricky to catch)

10 Gallon:
6 Cory (dont know which kind yet)
2 Molly
5 tetras of some kind (dont know yet)


Would this be a good stocking or am I looking at needing to lower some of my numbers? Also would a krib be possible in a 10 gallon or do they need 30?
 
Well as of right now I think I have a idea of what I want to Stock now. I shall do:

30 Gallon:
2 Molly
2 Rams
5 Bloodfin tetras
5 Rio Flame tetras
2 BN
5 Yoyo Loach
1-3 Oto (depending on if I can transfer any of them to the 10, there tricky to catch)

10 Gallon:
6 Cory (dont know which kind yet)
2 Molly
5 tetras of some kind (dont know yet)


Would this be a good stocking or am I looking at needing to lower some of my numbers? Also would a krib be possible in a 10 gallon or do they need 30?


zebra loaches are better looking than yoyo loaches i think... just my 2 cents


zebra loach
2701615277_beffaebf38.jpg
 
Use google images and zebra loach don't look that great compared to yoyo. Anyway it doesn't matter because burmese border/polkadot loach (botia kubotai) are the best.

As for stocking I would lower bristlenoses to 1. I'd also change the tetras from 5 and 5 of 2 species to 10 of one species, personally I'd take the flame tetras over the bloodfins.

Also, subtract one vote from yoyo and add it to burmese border, I clicked the wrong one...
 
hmm well the bloodfins are already in so I cant subtract them unless I can move them into the 10 gallon. Another option could be:

10 Gallon:
1-2 Molly
5 Bloodfin
2 Oto (only remaming of the 5)
5-6 Cory

30 Gallon:
10 Rio Flame tetra
2-3 Molly
1 BN
5 Burmese Border loach
1-4 Oto
either 2 Ram or 2 Krib
Perhaps some smaller comminity fish as well (GF still wants some guppies or platy)
 
i wouldnt put 2 kribs in a 30g if they breed they will kill all the other fish and if there bother the same sex one will be domenent and injer or killl the other one
 
Maybe ask for opinions/experience from people who've kept kribs in the old world cichlid forum?

Stocking looks fine otherwise.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top