How To Photograph Bettas

lychas

Reaction score
i got a couple of bettas and just wanna know how to take good pics so you guys can tell me if they are any good or not, would like to have a crack at breeding, 3 are crown-tails and 2 are orange ones

umm, good lighting, macro mode on camera, no flash(depends, but most of the time it should be off), and its best to get a container with a flat side, those 1 gallon bowls seem to distort the light even though one side is flat

Yupp, very brightly lit room, macro setting on camera, you can use a flash if necesary but be careful cause you'll get glares off of the glass. And yes a flat sided container. I have a 1 gallon critter keeper with a mirror on one side and direct light on top of it that I use strictly as a photo tank

photo.jpg

Try this set-up. Place another betta container behind the one with the betta you're going to photograph. It's better this way because bettas usually flare sideways. This way you'll get a better angle. And yes, do use a tank with flat sides. And the light source should be positioned in such a way that its light (bounced off the tank's surface) won't hit the camera. I also turn off all my room lights when I shoot, it prevents glare and unwanted reflections. I usually just hold a small fluorescent light bulb above the tank. Pardon the image, had to do a rough sketch to better illustrate my point. I hope what I said helps. :fun:

Oh Napiman, that's a gorgeous Betta! :drool: Is he a halfmoon? I just discovered Halfmoons and they are my favorites I think. I'd love to get one but I already have a veiltail now. I wouldn't know where to get a halfmoon anyway. Shipping is so darn expensive online.

Most reactions

Back