How To Keep Sump Inlet Quiet

Try the airline in the top of the Durso. You can adjust the air going down into the tube with the water. My guess is that the hole in the top of the Durso is a bit too big.

The airline needs to go down into the Durso by about 3", I tighten the valve off and slowly loosen until you have a constant level in the overflow chamber. At this point, the durso and water going into the sump should quieten dramatically.

My pipe is about 2" into the water.

have tried adjusting the air flow the water in the weir is not risng etc theres still alt of air bubble coming out the sump. I will have to find my valves etc tommorow as im just using a clamp one

will get another picture of the amount of air thats coming out.

I have a feeling that im will need to redo the pipework coming from the tank and make it abit more basic might be the bends doing it :crazy:

Once you have a valve on there, you will be able to quieten it. You will have a fair amount of air in there at the moment.

As its in your bedroom, may be worth turning the pump off overnight until you can sort it.

It does work though, the system will be a bit noisier when first set up, once there is a biofilm coating the insides of the pipes, it quietens considerably more.

I can hardly hear mine now.

Big C guided me through this bit when I set mine up.

thanks for the help anyway

P1030272.jpg

P1030273.jpg

Once you have a valve on there, you will be able to quieten it. You will have a fair amount of air in there at the moment.

As its in your bedroom, may be worth turning the pump off overnight until you can sort it.

It does work though, the system will be a bit noisier when first set up, once there is a biofilm coating the insides of the pipes, it quietens considerably more.

I can hardly hear mine now.

i sure it does work. if it didnt not many would use it.

Thought i would stay in tonight and get it running properly but looks like i will a few extra things

No problem.

Try finishing off the Durso modification first before doing anything.

If you still have residual noise, it may be your pipe configuration, but I can't see that affecting things much.

You definately have a lot of air as there are loads of microbubbles in the sump. Once running properley, you don't get that many.

i found the valve and tried messing about with that. the water level in the weir wouldn't stay still however much i adjusted it and however long i left it.

I found a few bits of pipe last night and bodge up and pipe configuration (straight down 90 degree bend) still didn't make and difference if anything sound worse.

So i went back to the older pipe work (one in the pictures) drilled a piece of 8mm airline into the top of the bend and restricted the flow out of the 1.5inch pipe into the sump with other pipe and abit of sponge. It is now almost silent just need to play around with a few things on the durso as i had it running with the cap off (not very loud even with it off)

Hopefully it will be sorted soon :)
thanks for the help, if anyone's got any suggestions please post them

Most reactions

Back