How To Improve My Tank!

Sorry for not replying sooner!

Yes, it's giant vallis.

Geez, I wish I could get mine to grow like that! Mine sucks. It wont grow tall at all; it has spread but not grown any taller, even though everything else in my tank has. My water is very soft, and someone told me that it doesn't like soft water, so maybe that is why?

I have never kept live plants but I want some too, so I've be doing research on live plants. If you want some moss java moss and marimo moss would be a good choice. And for the grass some dwarf hairgrass, dwarf sagittaria, varigated japanese dwarf rush, all of those would be a good choice. If I was you, I would put some moss(either type) on the bogwood, it said on the computer that java moss would make your bogwood look velvety. Then I would try the dwarf hairgrass and the dwarf sagittaria. Also another good choice for begginers is java fern you can also attach java fern to the bogwood. Hope I helped. Here is a very good website about fish/live plants My link

Sorry for not replying sooner!

Yes, it's giant vallis.

Geez, I wish I could get mine to grow like that! Mine sucks. It wont grow tall at all; it has spread but not grown any taller, even though everything else in my tank has. My water is very soft, and someone told me that it doesn't like soft water, so maybe that is why?
I'm not sure; my water's very soft too. Having said all that, for some reason, it's really started dying off in the last month or so, after being fine in that tank for the last three years :shout:

Great job!  Looks wonderful, only one thing...the purple plant looks a little out of place...but just personal preference.  If you like it, keep it by all means!!

Most reactions

trending

Back