How To Help My Betta?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

MisssMarie

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hey,
So, I was moving Bob into a new tank just now and I think it went wrong. Moved him, floated him for 30 mins (water temp was 1 degree different) added some new rank water (.25 cup he was in about 2.5 - 3 cups) waited 10 and released. He sunk immediately, and he started breathing heavy as can be. Observed/panicked for 5-10 minutes. Pulled him and put him in a 3-4 in deep container. 75% old tank, 25% fresh water. Where do I go from here? I realize I went too fast (wanted to go to bed...). I only thought about water temp, not the fact that I JUST finished cleaning water in new tank and his tank was day 10 w/o (just him, another betta & 1 snail in 10 gallons). Now I don't know what to do with him. Help??

Hey,
So, I was moving Bob into a new tank just now and I think it went wrong. Moved him, floated him for 30 mins (water temp was 1 degree different) added some new rank water (.25 cup he was in about 2.5 - 3 cups) waited 10 and released. He sunk immediately, and he started breathing heavy as can be. Observed/panicked for 5-10 minutes. Pulled him and put him in a 3-4 in deep container. 75% old tank, 25% fresh water. Where do I go from here? I realize I went too fast (wanted to go to bed...). I only thought about water temp, not the fact that I JUST finished cleaning water in new tank and his tank was day 10 w/o (just him, another betta & 1 snail in 10 gallons). Now I don't know what to do with him. Help??

I'm guessing you have no more old tank water or you would have taken some clean water out of the new tank and added more old?

You may want to try adding more fresh water from the new tank bit by bit to the container he's in - until the container water is like the new tank water (pretty close to 100% fresh). He could then go in the new tank again?

Bob isn't a drama queen is he? The reason I ask is that one of my bettas sinks, head down (preferably into a plant) after a big change happens. He stays there, huffing away, for quite a while. It seems to be a sulk worthy of Hollywood. I just flick a towel over the tank to give him some peace and he 'recovers' an hour or so later when it's tea time. Your boy wouldn't be throwing a tantrum over the change of tank?

Good luck! Hope things work out well and quickly for you.

He can be a drama queen occasionally. I spent 2 hours slowly accustoming him and he seems to be doing great! As long as things stay the same, he'll be swimming with his minnow buds by Friday! They currently have a divider so I can see how he reacts haha. A bit laggish, and he's been getting skinny lately. I think that's due to his genetic defect tho (he has pinched lips/sunken cheeks) been like that since he was 3 months old. I'm trying to find a viable feed option - I think bloodworms may have to be the choice

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back