I have never used frozen food before and i just got some for my jd's. How do i feed it to them, do i just put the frozen tablets in the water or do i let the ones i am going to use unthaw in a cup of water first. ??? Help please

What i do is get a cup of tank water, and then just place the cube in there, wait for it to thaw, then pour that cup of water with the thawed out food back into the tank. Doesn't take long at all to thatw around 5-10 mins.

I just drop the cubes into the tank. The fish go into a frenzy pecking at it as it is defrosting, then it disperses into the whole tank. Definitely the highlight of the fish day. I asked my LFS what they do, and they said the don't have time to muck around defrosting food or straining it, and they've never had any probs. My community tank fish have micropellets or flakes for breakfast, and frozen brineshrimp or blood worms every day.