how to change the water temperature

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

TAZZ

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
how would i go about maintaining wthe water temerature, without a water heater? and how often, if its with regular water changes should i change the water ? is it okay to change 50% of the water every 2 days to maintain the temperature??

thanks

tazz

just off the top of my head Tazz, I'd say go buy a heater! - much easier and accurate ;)

if you keep tropical fish tazz you must have a heater

i just got a betta fish in a small table side tank - with tap water. he seemed a little sluggish over the past 2 days, and didnt eat much today. so i did a water change - and put slightly warmer than room temp water in and he was swimming fine again. the water when i took it out was kinda cold when i put my hand in

tazz

btw im tryin not to spend too myuch money on this cause im really saving up for a new aquarium deal hehe

go buy a heater! dont buy fish as u have no heater! if u want to keep fish learn about waht equipment u need before u get fish

well i was told to maintain a betta fish, all i needed was a tank and tap water. i just wanna last maybe a month with what i got then upgrade =)

that was one of the main reasons i got a betta cause it wasnt as expensive to start off with one, while i learned about it all.

tazz

lesson one TAZZ, you need a heater, your fish (any fish) needs a constant temperature (you get to put a coat on when your cold).

we don't meen to sound harsh but you do need to go read (or ask) when keeping fish you get to play god! - you need to learn

i agree, either u get a heater or dont keep fish, either ur tellingt he truth or u pulling our legs! i not sure , but u do need to read books about fishkeeping! u need a tank, water, heater, lights, plants (optional) and fish!

if thats teh case, why would the pet store sell bettas, and in the kit only have a tank, water treatment, waste treatment, stones and a fish net? i asked em there if i needed anything else b4 i bought the fish - they said all i needed was the tank, and fish. since then ive got a plant and a light too.

im not sayin im an expert - im just wondering if it needs extra equipment, why would the pet store refrain from stating the items needed? wouldnt that just be extra profit for them anyway?

tazz

i don't no tazz but realy your betta does need a heater and filter,

I have heard that they don't even need a heater if one has fairly stable temps and that's why they make good bowl fish
--Bujeeboo

this was a quote from the emergency section - topic is somethign like fish seems paralyzed.

tazz

room tem never stays the same so for your fish to survive it does need a heater, i've said before gettas like 85f,

from what i know heaters, if u live in t he tropics ie a very warm country u wont need a heater so i am to believe such as brazil, peru etc where the fish from that region come from, but over in cold countrys ie the poxy uk u need a heeater as its so much colder.

TAZZ said:
I have heard that they don't even need a heater if one has fairly stable temps and that's why they make good bowl fish
--Bujeeboo

this was a quote from the emergency section - topic is somethign like fish seems paralyzed.

tazz
TAZZ what you keeping in your goldfish bowl?

maybe the fish in the quote is ill cos there is no heat?

1 betta fish - thats all and a plant

tazz

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back