How Often Do You Feed Your Fish Frozen Bloodworms?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ey2006

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Just wondering how often do you feed your fish frozen bloodworms? How much feeding is optimal?

I feed my fish frozen bloodworms 3-4 times a week and frozen brine shrimp once a week - is this too much?

Also, if you have more fish in your tank, is it perfectly okay to feed more blocks of frozen worms? I used to feed the fish 1 block of frozen worms but that gets finished in a matter of seconds so I feed 2 blocks each time now.

How often & how much depends on the fish you have, their age, and if you are actively breeding them. It's better to underfeed than to overfeed, too much bloodworms tend to cause constipation.

I feed frozen bloodworms at least every other day because I have a dwarfpuffer who will only eat those, snails or live foods. Since I drop snails in just about every day I only offer the bloodworm every other. The leftovers I split between the rest of the tanks allowing each fish to get 1 or 2 at least and then the rest go to the oscars!

i feed a quarter of a block of frozen boodworms once a week on average,sometimes once every 4 days sometimes once every 9,
still on my first packet of blocks though

Yeah, depending on species too many bloodworms cause bloackages in the digestive tract, also it can cause vitamin deficiency. Just like in humans if we only ate rabbit and no fruit/veg or any other animal we would die from vitamin deficiency as rabbit isn't very nutritious.

Once a week - I try to feed something different every day. I get those frozen packets also of chopped muscles, glassworm, shrimp brine, tubifex, daphnea , chopped beef heart and feed along along with flaked food, tiny bits of shredded prawn (when I have them) algae wafers and earthworm tablets! Guess you could say my fish eat better than I do!! :D

3 times a day for my community - flake, bloodworm 2ice a week, cucumber about once a week
oscar about 4/5 times a day - little and often, meal worms everyother day,shrimp once a week and peas and anything else that comes to hand :)
snakeheads mealworms, flakes ( no idea if they eat them) and shrimp, only just got these so no routine established yet- basically when i see that the last food has dissapeared
fry tanks 4 times a day on liquifry no3
shrimp 2ice a day on shrimp cuisine

i feed mine bloodworm every two days. i find my mollies have trouble geting it out the other end and it doesnt look fully digested. The other fish decide they want to eat it as looks just as it did when they ate it!! grose i know!! fish are charmin creatures int they!! :p

I would much rather feed my fish live blackworms. However, I keep bloodworms in the freezer for times when I can't get to the store or they are out of them. My fish are mostly corydoras and need a good amount of meat in their diet, so they get worms several times a week and usually have flake food on the other days.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back