how many neons?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

akhtar

Fish Addict
Reaction score
if i had a 3 gallon setup, how many neons could i put in?

or shouldnt i?

just a thought and, congrats latral line!

i personally would of thought ti was abit to small for shoaling fish but perhaps maybe 6 neons might be happy in there... have u thought of any over fish u would / might like to go in there?

Akhtar,

I had ten Cardinal Tetras in a 15 litre / 3 UK gallon tank a while back before I knew any better. They must have been a bit cramped but I managed to keep them alive. They are now in a 20 gallon tank which is much better for them.

I agree with Aernympha that you might get away with 6 Neons but nothing else. You would need to make sure you have good filtration and keep a close eye on the water parameters.

Eddie

aernympha said:
i personally would of thought ti was abit to small for shoaling fish but perhaps maybe 6 neons might be happy in there... have u thought of any over fish u would / might like to go in there?
sounds about right but you couldn't add anymore fish for certain, maybe try 4 and 2 other small fish

You could put six in there but they would all probably die. Neons are very delicate fish (meaning that they mysteriously die for no apparent reason). I would get something less delicate as a 3 gallon tank can have large shifts in temperature and water parameters very quickly.

That really is a very small tank for 6 Neons. Small tanks are always more difficult to keep stable than large ones. Few Guppies, couple of Platies, or a very spacious Betta tank though!

THANKS
ever thought of getting cuple or three cute little platies they cheap and adorable lol

HOW BIG DO PLATIES GET?

and would the be ok in that tank?

erm and im new to platies what do they look like? sounds interesting? :blink:

thanks
coz i guess 6 is to many

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back