How many Cory's in a 36gal

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Fishcatspets

Reaction score
I'm getting a 36 gallon soon. I want to get 1 angelfish, 8 guppies, and some corys. Julii or peppered. I want to know how many corys I should get. I'd like maybe 8-10 but I don't know if the bio-load would allow more than 6. Some advice would be appreciated, thanks!

I'm getting a 36 gallon soon. I want to get 1 angelfish, 8 guppies, and some corys. Julii or peppered. I want to know how many corys I should get. I'd like maybe 8-10 but I don't know if the bio-load would allow more than 6. Some advice would be appreciated, thanks!
I think 6-8 would be a good number for a tank this size. As long as you do weekly water changes of at least 50% it should be fine.

I would have a few more. Tank dimensions are not mentioned, but if this is 30 inches (75 cm) in length or longer, 15 would be a good number. You can mix species, cories seem to not mind but the more of them the happier they are.

Angelfish is not a good idea though, and guppies are not good with an angelfish. Angelfish will grow (if healthy) to six inches body length with a vertical fin span of eight inches, and this requires more space that what this tank provides.

I would have a few more. Tank dimensions are not mentioned, but if this is 30 inches (75 cm) in length or longer, 15 would be a good number. You can mix species, cories seem to not mind but the more of them the happier they are.

Angelfish is not a good idea though, and guppies are not good with an angelfish. Angelfish will grow (if healthy) to six inches body length with a vertical fin span of eight inches, and this requires more space that what this tank provides.
The tank dimensions are 30 L×15 W×22 H

Most reactions

Back