how many cory should be together

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

cassandra

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
i have one pepper cory and i beleive it's female, but i want to get her buddys to hang with so how many is good to have but not to many because i have a 40 gal tank with 9 fish inclueding cory and i want to get more what do you think

corys are a shoaling fish so the more the better. 2 they will live, 4 should be right, 6 is ideal.

i agree with Eelzor.. i try to get my cory's in at least groups of 6.. the min i usually go to is 3 or 4 per species. but what Eelzor is a good of an answer as u will get... nice post Eelzor.. i couln't have said it better

Yah, at least 6 of them is what I'd recommend. My oldest bronze cory was alone for a while after the last of his friends had died and I almost never saw him in daytime during that time. He'd hide under the bogwood until the lights were switched off. A month or so ago I was finally able to get 6 new cories and now all 7 of them move around together and are often seen even during the day. Definitely an improvement to his life, I would say.

As much as you can buy them :p In natur they live shoals where are hundreds or even thousends individuals.

Like others have said, 6-10 would be good, because your tank is only 40 gal.

Fortunately, you have room in your tank for more Corys, cassandra. :D

The good news is that, unless you want to try breeding them, you can mix and match corys to make whatever size group you would like. They all get along together.

Most reactions

Back