How Long To Leave My Filter Seeding?

arobinson1984

Fish Gatherer
Joined
Mar 13, 2009
Messages
2,065
Reaction score
0
Points
36
Location
Leeds, United Kingdom
Hi

I added a eheim external 2075 filter into my tank about 4 weeks ago and it is currently running alongside my jewul internal filter which is about a year old which I plan to remove.

I plan on leaving them running together for another few weeks yet.

How long is recommended to run the two together for before removing the internal??

Is there anyway of telling that enough bacteria has established in the external?

Should I expect some initial ammonia / nitrite spikes when I remove the internal and leave the external to perform on its own??

Thanks in advance

Andy
 
4 weeks should be ok - just shove the media from the juwel into the external now and keep an eye on your water stats.
 
Should I just add my two sponges from my jewul into the top of my eheim? sitting on top of the large blue sponge in the eheim?

How long would you leave the jewul sponges in the eheim for?

Andy
 
in with the eheim sponge should be fine and if they don't impede the flow leave them in indefinitely.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top