How Long Till My Platy Gives Birth?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

hlc137

Reaction score
I was just wondering how long do you think until my platy gives birth? She is in a hatchery because I felt she seemed very far gone, I have no Idea how long she has been pregnant because I brought her like this. Any help would be appriciated!!?
image.jpg

She looks like she could pop andy time now. Keep an eye on her. :)

Looks like it could be very soon, she looks very squared off, so not long. Leave her in over night but if there's no fry in the morning it's best to release her :)

Thanks how long is if recommended that they can be in a hatchery? I don't want to stress her but niether don't wang to miss her give birth and leave it being too late to save the fry!

If you leave her in over night, let her out in the morning, then keep an eye on her as much as you can, if you notice she's acting really different (swimming really fast up and down the tank, or putting her mouth down to the gravel and swimming back) then she is close to having them. All mine did that so I kept checking and I saw them actually having the fry so I just collected them all up. It is annoying when you want to save the babies but you don't want to stress the mum out too much. Just try putting her in if you really think she's about to give birth. It looks like it could be any day though. Good luck!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back