How long does it take for heirarchy to set?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

jimmyjam923

Reaction score
I just got some juvenile dempsey, green terror, texas and a salvini in a 75g that are abiut 2 inches. After a few days most of the heirarchy is clear and the salvini is on the bottom with the green terror just above him. All of the fish will make short runs at each other just to show whos boss but with all the other fish it ends there with the exception of the green terror. He constantly harasses the salvini and seems to go looking for him even when the salvini has conceded and moved off. I know its part of the fish world but it seems the other fish have settled in and are more tolerant. Is it normal to still have some harassing like that after a few days? The others harassed each other for the first day and then have really settled in to there accepted roles. It could be the GT is just a bully but not sure. He hasnt damaged the fish yet but im sure the harassment cant ne good and i wont let it go on for much longer. Just wondering how long i should wait before eother redecorating or removing the GT to a time out for a bit

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back