How Long Can A Fish Survive Out Of Water?

Common plecs are always being found on the floor, there are no end of stories about commons liberating themselves and being found practically dried up and crispy - but miraculously coming back to life when put back in the tank.

I'd opt to always give it a chance, no matter how many minutes it's been laying on the floor. It ain't dead till it's warm, wet and dead.

amazing, heard the same a few times but never had the misfortune to find a crispy pleco lol

i think my mates story about his Clarius was the most bizaare, it must have been out the tank all night on the floor

Well, I suspect a Loach of mine could have been out of water anything between 2 and 10 hours depending on if he jumped at evening feed or morning feed. He was a bit fluffy when I found him but is fine!
I found a Loach of mine that jumped from the tank. It was probaly over eight ours till my daughter foumd it!!! It was dry and I was covined it had passed, however my daughter made me put it back in the tank. It took a couple of hours to swim healthy again, but is now living a healthy life!!!

It amazed me!!!!!

ESKCarr

i was taking aphoto of a guppy and moved him back into his tank from the display tank and didnt notice that he got caught in the display tank but he survived for about 15 mins out of water and is doing fine now, once went to the wholesaler as she opened for the morning and on the floor were 3 dried up wheather loaches she just picked them up a put them back into the tank 5 mins later they were rehydrated and swimming around like nutters, must have been there for hours

to this day i believe pakistani loaches can survive on land. Mine are hardly ever in the water. One must have been out of the water for an hour easy. all 4 are still alive today. no ill effects (they are supposed to be nuts right?)

to this day i believe pakistani loaches can survive on land. Mine are hardly ever in the water. One must have been out of the water for an hour easy. all 4 are still alive today. no ill effects (they are supposed to be nuts right?)

lol, what a fish XD

ive had a BN pleco out of water for a good 40 mins, didn't seem to bother him at all lol

Most reactions

Back