How is everyone's tanks going?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Fish4dawin

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hiya guys, how have your tanks been going. I hope that you've had no issues with your tanks. Mine are doing fine, and all fish are showing no signs of illness.

What fish have you got in your tank/tanks?

Share here!

Most of mine have been doing good, one tank is still recovering from camallanus worms. My shell dwellers are all doing well, and I might even be seeing some breeding behavior!

Oooo that would be cool to see some babies
Yeah, hopefully theyā€™ll start breeding! They are in a 20g, so Iā€™m not sure if thereā€™s enough room for them to raise fry, but I have some extra tanks I can set up to raise the fry if I need to.

Well I've just received info from my mum that my golden ram has passed. I missed a water change last weekend, so probably contributed to it.
Yeah I was in tears when I heard it because he'd always eat the pellets I'd feed the tank so coolly. I don't think the water was right for him though.

Well, letā€™s see...my fingers are all shriveled from cleaning my tanks this weekend. I have 3 freshwater aquariums and 1 saltwater aquarium. I typically clean the freshwater tanks first, usually Chesterā€™s tank. Chester is my big, beautiful pink kissing fish with a fabulous personality. There are a total of 9 fishes in Chesterā€™s tank. 3 Buenos Aires Tetras, 2 Rosy Tipped Tetras, 1 Silver Rasbora (my oldest fish), a Red banded Rasbora and a big, bad Pleco and then there is Chester. Itā€™s pretty cute because the tiny little Silver Rasbora swims at the top of the tank with Chester and he is pretty giant comparatively speaking. There have been more and/or different fishes in there over the years , but they have perished for one reason of the other. Never due to illness that I know of. I think some have gotten eaten, some have jumped out, a couple I had to re-home because they just got too big. The tank is definitely too small for just Chester by himself (I am looking to upgrade to a 75 - 90 gallon tank) but it would be a pretty lonely existence for him to be by himself so I keep other Dudes in there to keep him company. I am really good at doing water changes so at least his water is clean. Last June, I had an operation on my shoulder so I designed very easy ways to do one-handed water changes and a way to do them without having to lift any buckets of water. I use small 195 gallon/hour to 295 gallon/hour power heads, tubes, hoses, filters and garbage cans to do most of the work. Makes it so easy that I can siphon out the substrate, scrub algae and complete a water change in about 90 minutes on my 40 gallon tank. My saltwater aquarium is 50 gallons and it takes about 3 or 4 hours only because I have to make saltwater and it takes a while to fill up the garbage can with 15 to 20 gallons of Reverse Osmosis water and make salt water. Salt water tanks need different types of cleaning / maintenance than tropical fish tanks. I try to keep things pretty tidy all the time so I donā€™t have to do everything at once. The thing about my aquariums and fishes for me is that I enjoy them so much. I love the time I spend feeding my fishes. I like just watching them swim around. Not everyone has the kind of extra time like I do and for that I feel very fortunate. Here are some photos of my aquariums. I donā€™t think the photos do them justice. If anyone is interested in more details on the easy peasy water change process, please let me know. I put quite a bit of thought into it and it makes a huge difference. Have a great week :fish:

Attachments

• 45CC7F92-629A-49CC-AEED-FD548F5DBE0B.jpeg
    45CC7F92-629A-49CC-AEED-FD548F5DBE0B.jpeg
    278.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 3587082E-9650-471A-8488-DF6C08CDAFF3.jpeg
    3587082E-9650-471A-8488-DF6C08CDAFF3.jpeg
    362.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 732F292C-1B91-4B63-8E08-00BAD42EBF70.jpeg
    732F292C-1B91-4B63-8E08-00BAD42EBF70.jpeg
    383.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 16F809AF-3A28-438C-8EB1-17DEA895483B.jpeg
    16F809AF-3A28-438C-8EB1-17DEA895483B.jpeg
    262.5 KB · Views: 43
  • BF553B2D-BE70-4DB1-B186-248C093EC65D.jpeg
    BF553B2D-BE70-4DB1-B186-248C093EC65D.jpeg
    222.2 KB · Views: 43
  • 7C458797-0CA0-4782-8C77-A60E61F486D1.jpeg
    7C458797-0CA0-4782-8C77-A60E61F486D1.jpeg
    139.4 KB · Views: 41
Well, letā€™s see...my fingers are all shriveled from cleaning my tanks this weekend. I have 3 freshwater aquariums and 1 saltwater aquarium. I typically clean the freshwater tanks first, usually Chesterā€™s tank. Chester is my big, beautiful pink kissing fish with a fabulous personality. There are a total of 9 fishes in Chesterā€™s tank. 3 Buenos Aires Tetras, 2 Rosy Tipped Tetras, 1 Silver Rasbora (my oldest fish), a Red banded Rasbora and a big, bad Pleco and then there is Chester. Itā€™s pretty cute because the tiny little Silver Rasbora swims at the top of the tank with Chester and he is pretty giant comparatively speaking. There have been more and/or different fishes in there over the years , but they have perished for one reason of the other. Never due to illness that I know of. I think some have gotten eaten, some have jumped out, a couple I had to re-home because they just got too big. The tank is definitely too small for just Chester by himself (I am looking to upgrade to a 75 - 90 gallon tank) but it would be a pretty lonely existence for him to be by himself so I keep other Dudes in there to keep him company. I am really good at doing water changes so at least his water is clean. Last June, I had an operation on my shoulder so I designed very easy ways to do one-handed water changes and a way to do them without having to lift any buckets of water. I use small 195 gallon/hour to 295 gallon/hour power heads, tubes, hoses, filters and garbage cans to do most of the work. Makes it so easy that I can siphon out the substrate, scrub algae and complete a water change in about 90 minutes on my 40 gallon tank. My saltwater aquarium is 50 gallons and it takes about 3 or 4 hours only because I have to make saltwater and it takes a while to fill up the garbage can with 15 to 20 gallons of Reverse Osmosis water and make salt water. Salt water tanks need different types of cleaning / maintenance than tropical fish tanks. I try to keep things pretty tidy all the time so I donā€™t have to do everything at once. The thing about my aquariums and fishes for me is that I enjoy them so much. I love the time I spend feeding my fishes. I like just watching them swim around. Not everyone has the kind of extra time like I do and for that I feel very fortunate. Here are some photos of my aquariums. I donā€™t think the photos do them justice. If anyone is interested in more details on the easy peasy water change process, please let me know. I put quite a bit of thought into it and it makes a huge difference. Have a great week :fish:
And I just discovered that driving the pumps through a smart plug makes it soooo much easier to do the water changes from the treated water source. No more bucket hauling!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back