How far along?

June FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

dixaisy930

I'm trying really hard to act normal
Reaction score
I bought a new platy, and I think (and so did the pet store employee) that she's pregnant. She was the only female in with about eight males, and very tiny (not much longer than an inch).

Her belly's just a little big, but she has very obvious gravid spots. Being so small, is it likely she will even carry the babies to term?

I'd like to try and figure out some sort of timeline so I can get her in the breeder at the right time.

I'm also keeping my fingers, toes, legs, arms, and anything else I can cross :lol: that she'll make it...either way.

Well she's small alright but it is possible that she can breed, the fact you said you saw a gravid spot means she does have babies inside her! Chances are she'll have a small batch of babies, of about half a dozen, just keep feeding her well. There shouldn't be anything to worry with her health, if she is in danger she will abort the pregnancy, but hopefully for your sake this won't happen! :) Keep us posted!

She isn't very interested in food today...even the good stuff. :sly: I thought maybe she was ready, so I put her in the breeder, but my dwarf puffer kept getting itself stuck between the aquarium and the breeder, so I took it out. :rolleyes:

I was thinking of slowing down the flow of my filter. I tried putting a nylon around the intake, but it just slowed down the filter anyway.

I hope the stress from the "move" isn't going to make her abort... :-(

Oh, these fish...good thing I love em. :wub:

Most reactions

Back