How Do You Clean The Glass On Bow Fronted Tanks

mario chainsaw

New Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2008
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
Points
0
well i was just thinking you may scratch the glass if you use a razor blade or a magnet thingy can anyone tell me the best way to do it please ? thanks.
 
I've not got one as I don't like the look of them, but a credit card should do the job.
 
well i was just thinking you may scratch the glass if you use a razor blade or a magnet thingy can anyone tell me the best way to do it please ? thanks.

I dont think the bow on the tank needs to be cleaned any differently than any other tank to be honest. The bow is not severe enough that it needs special treatment.

A magnet would be finei would imagine.
 
Place a small pieces of cloth between the magnets, it works as long as you perform this task regularly and dont let a heavy build up of algae take hold.
Regards
BigC
 
i think better but i also just dont like the look of rectangle tanks. cubes and bows are good in my book.

can i mention an algae eater??? maybe a pleco?

is amazing how well the keep the glass looking...ive never cleaned the inside of my tanks, ever, not once :good:
 
Only rarley do i clean the glass in my tanks, its more the cold tank though. Def a plec or maybe a few snails they work like hell in my setup lol.
 
you buy cleaners, pretty much like the magnet ones but bigger and ermmmm curvier (is that a word?)
 
I got a little sponge for cleaning the algea off of my tank walls at my lfs. I works well and doesn't scratch up my tank.
 
I have both a curved and a rectangular tank and I use the same method. What has worked well for me are these little green fibre things that you use for dish washing or cleaning. There are dish washing sponges that have one side made out of this material. it works well and doesn't scratch the glass.
 
well i was just thinking you may scratch the glass if you use a razor blade or a magnet thingy can anyone tell me the best way to do it please ? thanks.


Myself I use one of those hand held scrappers, you can get them at Petsmart for like $4, they work well and come with a handle (which I took off). I just use the scrapper I find it easier.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top