In a general, freshwater community tank, what is the best way to acclimatisation new fish?
The LFS usually say, float the bag for 10-15 minutes, add some tank water, wait for another 10 minutes before tipping everything in, including the water in the bag.
Personally, I never put any of the water in the tank, who knows what bacteria may be in the LFS tank water? Not worth risking for sure.
I guess my question extends more to the duration of the whole process. The process I explained above probably takes no more than 30 minutes. But I have read that the proper and appropriate way of acclimatising fish is a process which takes at least an hour, and sometimes even 2 hours....whereby you have to make sure the temperature is slowly matched, and even trying to match the water parameters - ammonia/nitrIte 0, nitrAte and pH
How do you acclimatise new fish?
The LFS usually say, float the bag for 10-15 minutes, add some tank water, wait for another 10 minutes before tipping everything in, including the water in the bag.
Personally, I never put any of the water in the tank, who knows what bacteria may be in the LFS tank water? Not worth risking for sure.
I guess my question extends more to the duration of the whole process. The process I explained above probably takes no more than 30 minutes. But I have read that the proper and appropriate way of acclimatising fish is a process which takes at least an hour, and sometimes even 2 hours....whereby you have to make sure the temperature is slowly matched, and even trying to match the water parameters - ammonia/nitrIte 0, nitrAte and pH
How do you acclimatise new fish?
/www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=123152&hl=






