How Do I Prepare Coconuts For Adfs

squiremaster

Fishaholic
Joined
Mar 8, 2009
Messages
443
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Canada
I heard that ADFs need hiding spots from the light, so I thought by myself to use a couple Coconuts. so I just need to know how to prepare them to go in my Aquarium
 
Oh yeah and do they have to be in dechlorinated water cuz I think Bettas have to and I wanna put two ADFs and a Betta in my Aquarium
 
Yes, they need declor.

As for coconuts, try to smash them into a kind of crescent shape and stick one end in the sand/gravel. Don't get one with a hole in it, the frog woun't find its way in/out.

If I've explained this badly I can get pics later
 
Yes ADF's definately need dechlor, they are very senstive to any chlorine present so I'd recommend using 1.5x the amount of water conditioner to be on the safe side

Andy
 
okay thank you. but how much conitioner do i put in a 3G tank to make both a betta and 2 adfs happy?
 

please give people chance to reply, the post hadn't been up 1hr. People do work and socialise outside of TFF and there is different time zones.

there should be instructions in the bottle telling you how much to add.

http://www.aquariumlife.net/projects/diy-decoration/87.asp

make the hole big enough so they can easily fit throught, make sure it is big enough for the other fish too as they will probably use it aswell.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top