How Can I Tell How Many Liters Does My Fish Tank Hold?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

nick1200

Moved On
Reaction score
Hello i had a 350L bow fronted fish tank in my bed room ( up stairs ) i had it in cornor wise so like \ <-- that in the conor and all was ok The tank was a rena 4ft bow fronted tank. I then moved the tank so it was straight and was fine still i then had to get rid of it because it was eating power ( all the bulbs being on 12 hours a day and pumps etc )

I have now been told by my power company that they over charged me when i had the fish tank so now i have just bought a non bow fronted 4ft x 2ft x 2ft tank. The person i got it of told me it was 180L but have posted on a few forums and was told its 450L ??? I have also been told that some of the rena 4ft bow fronted tanks was made to be 250L and not 350L. So im kind of scratching my head thinking if the 4ft x 2ft x 2 ft is only 180L then it should be fine ? Because i had 350L in the same place be for...

I must add that when i has the 350L like so \ it was fine but has soon has i moved it straight it was fine still but when i got rid of the tank the floor boards suffered from bounch back and needed to be replaced. But when it was in conor wise there was no bounch back and no problems with the 350L

So my question is that is 4ft x 2ft x 2ft 180L or 450L ???
And im guessign if its 180L then it should be fine ? Because i have had a 350L be for. I had it for a year in the same place with no problems.... I have been told by my landlord that it should be fine but if it goes though the floor i will need to pay for the damage
innocent.gif

It's 450l.

Thanks for letting me know. I had a 4ft x 2ft x ft which was bow fronted and was sold has 350L ..... I think ill have to take some messure ments for the new tank and post back. The old tank was 4ft x 2ft x 2ft bow fronted and was sold has 350L and now i have the same tank but not bow fronted and ment to be 450L ? Ill have to do some messurments of the new tank and post back.Because when i bought it i was told its 4ft x 2ft x 2ft and 180L
cool1.gif

Sorry for double posting bu i just found a listing to my old fish tank which can be found here
Old tank
And says
Dimensions 121 x 51 x 55.5 (LxDxH)
And now my new tank
New tank

From the images the old one seems to be bigged because of the bow on front of it ???
The new tank is sold has 4ft x 2ft x 2ft but think its smaller my self...

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
You could always find a measuring tape or at worst, a ruler.......

You could always find a measuring tape or at worst, a ruler.......

I think that is whatill do then post back here. Im guessing the 121 x 51 x 55.5 (LxDxH) would come to 350L ?

Most reactions

Back