How Awful!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Just out of curiosity, can parrots be kept sucsessfuly with goldfish? The tank in the picture has a couple of shubinkins in with them.

No.. Not that i know of. I would say that the goldfish wouldnt last in the warm waters your parrot needs, or vise versa.

Goldfish do fine in tropical conditions although the parrots would probably bully them.

well, it is china they get sharks to fight each other, as well as bugs so they see much wrong with it

Do parrots start out a different color?

I remember when I originally bought my parrot he was yellow. Not bright yellow, just yellow, with a black streak down his side. He's completely orange now. He wasn't dyed was he? I'm just afraid I had bought a dyed fish without my knowledge, and the dye faded over time.

Do parrots start out a different color?

I remember when I originally bought my parrot he was yellow. Not bright yellow, just yellow, with a black streak down his side. He's completely orange now. He wasn't dyed was he? I'm just afraid I had bought a dyed fish without my knowledge, and the dye faded over time.

If your parrot started out yellow and faded to ornage then yes he would have been dyed.

Wow, I would've never guessed that Petsmart sold dyed fish, I've never seen any there before.

I'm sure this sounds horribly racist, but I honestly can't see those fish having a market outside of Asia.

i live in the uk where its illegal to sell them :angry:

i would die to have glo fish,they look ace!!!
its not like they are harmed in any way,jus see it as nature,only cooler :hyper:

I'm sure this sounds horribly racist, but I honestly can't see those fish having a market outside of Asia.

its not like they are harmed in any way,jus see it as nature,only cooler :hyper:

I saw some in a shop in Scotland, apparently some accidentally got into the uk but most were destroyed.

I saw some in a shop in Scotland, apparently some accidentally got into the uk but most were destroyed.

yeah, some arrived in my lfs in the midlands called "Pink Danio"
which we destroyed, upon realisation.

Wow, I would've never guessed that Petsmart sold dyed fish, I've never seen any there before.
Wait... wouldn't they be a different color when they were small? I mean, I got mine when he was about 1 in - 2 in long. He's about 6 in long now.

Most reactions

Back