How Am I Doing?

griddlebone

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Dec 16, 2008
Messages
131
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Florida
Well when worse came to worse with my parents hating all my fish, i ended up instead of getting rid of my community fish, I rehomed all my agressive fish and goldfish. Now I have my 40 gallon fish from other tanks. So far this is what is in it:

6x Neon Tetra
5x Glolite Tetra
5x Lampeye Tetra
4x Guppies
3x Peppered Cory cats
2x Dwarf Gourami
1x pleco
1x tiger loach

Is it possible to put anything else in this tank? Or do I have to many?
 
I'd take the pleco out and maybe get some ottos. Do you mean clown loach when you say tiger loach? By your stock there, it seems you would have a nice looking active tank. Maybe add to the schools that are there.
 
I'd take the pleco out and maybe get some ottos. Do you mean clown loach when you say tiger loach? By your stock there, it seems you would have a nice looking active tank. Maybe add to the schools that are there.

lol the pleco, hes had quite a rough past few days lol and he is my families favorite fish, so he has to stay, as much as i dont want him lol and when i mean tiger loach, i mean tiger loach. lol not clown.

EDIT: my loach is Botia Hymenophysa, but he is not very aggressive at the moment.
 
Thats understandable, I have had a few fish in the past that I really liked, that I would never want to part with. I just mentioned it has common plecos get to be pretty large, so a smaller type of pleco would even be ok in there, like a BN or something close to that size. Actually I shouldn't assume that it is a common pleco, do you know what type of pleco it is. Oh sorry, I know a Tiger Botia. Same thing really, sorry about that. They are nice looking fish, but do get to be around 7" I believe. They can be aggressive as well, but if he is not causeinn any trouble don't worry about it, just keep an eye on your school numbers.
 
Thats understandable, I have had a few fish in the past that I really liked, that I would never want to part with. I just mentioned it has common plecos get to be pretty large, so a smaller type of pleco would even be ok in there, like a BN or something close to that size. Actually I shouldn't assume that it is a common pleco, do you know what type of pleco it is. Oh sorry, I know a Tiger Botia. Same thing really, sorry about that. They are nice looking fish, but do get to be around 7" I believe. They can be aggressive as well, but if he is not causeinn any trouble don't worry about it, just keep an eye on your school numbers.

lol yea botia, i always use loach instead because thats what we call the botias at work. lol as for the pleco, he is not a common pleco, but i cannot remember for the life of me what he is... ive had him for over a year and a half and he is a bit over 3 inches right now.
 
Right on, so it most likely isn't a common pleco. Well I have never seen a common pleco grow that slow. Do you have a pic of the pleco, or a description, just curious now haha.
 
Right on, so it most likely isn't a common pleco. Well I have never seen a common pleco grow that slow. Do you have a pic of the pleco, or a description, just curious now haha.


lol right now, any picture i take of him would not due him justice since he had a recent accident, he got scared when i added the 2 gouramis to the tank and found his way under one of the rock ornaments i have, couldnt find him for days, turns out he was stuck inside the thing and now hes in pretty banged up. he is very spotted though, he has alot of very small spots all over his body, but there never a definite color, he seems to change his color with his mood, but they are usually a white / cream color and he is usually black. I'll try to get a picture of him after he is feeling better.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top